SOLD - An Earthroamer-like 4x4 NitroGear F450 Superduty RV

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Ok maybe I am on crazy pills haha - I click on the link on the first post from the OP. Takes me to the website advertising the truck.

That has links back to Expedition Portal article about it, which has a link to the build thread from Nitro Gear, who I assume sold the truck to the OP

OP, is this the Nitro Gear truck or not?

shellb

Adventurer
It’s presented as the same vehicle based on all the links.

OP can you clarify?

Attachments

• 10566ED5-0F0A-40AE-A17A-59B63682F9A2.png
    10566ED5-0F0A-40AE-A17A-59B63682F9A2.png
    874.9 KB · Views: 116

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
There's a few photos on their linked gallery, where it says it's priced at $165k.

Here it appears to be an auction, not a straight for sale ad.

There's a build thread here on Expo

Ahhh. Probably should of lead with that. Nitro did an awesome job with this build.

The whole trend of new members posting
I was going to mention this… ? as a comp price. Covid pricing has long since passed. When selling a unit at this price tag it‘s really import to know your market. GLWS, it is a nice unit. But I think you should reconsider your price. If you can get $165k great but I high doubt it. Mostly based on current market trends .

Oh boy…. Well known member daring to comment on the price of a new members rig to help others…

Mods will be here in 3…2…1…

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Lol - not paying 100% attention because although I (could) be a buyer, kind of looking for a high-end full time camper for two, not seven. Whether 125k or 165k, the price is arguably fine, it’s a lot of rig imo. Details matter at this level though. I even watched the video and I’d still have a lot of ?’s if I was going to make an offer. Just sayin’

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Id like to point out that the rules of the terms of use state that you may not make derogatory comments in someones "for sale" ad. If you don't agree with the comments or price, just please move along. Thanks -

Reactions: mog

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
The Nitro gear build thread was a huge inspiration for my own 2001 F450 build. I did the same axle swap and regearing. Lots and lots of great info in that thread for those who want to convert the older SD to the wide track super 60. It's a stellar vehicle and a unicorn with the 6.7 Cummins and one of the best build threads on the forum IMHO. But it's HEWG with that camper body and sort of defeats the purpose of all those mods. There's a buyer for it though.

tobygrubb

Friends, I'm new here.
As soon as I'm not working a 12-hour day, I'll post the photos you've requested, the recent mods, and make corrections.

I "overland" to get to the destinations I recreate and conduct business in. I use this forum to offer goods and learn, not to shoptalk with virtual friends. I'm not the guy in the parking lot arguing over suspension brands.

Last edited:

MSD

Well Known Xplor’r
It’s the same vehicle.

OP stated the price went up because he added onto it and is offering it here first because this forum is where he found it.

Yup I was 110% wrong! I misunderstood a conversation I had about this rig a few weeks ago with 2 people who know this rig well or at least before it was sold. My bad…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tobygrubb

@MSD - Sorry if the post was at all misleading from the original build. Hopefully I corrected that in the post.
@Shappy - You are correct. Thanks for clarifying for everyone.
@DirtWhiskey - Dead on. It's a hoss and was in the center of every wishlist I've ever had. The opportunity came to purchase locally from Carl at Nitro and I had to give it a go. It was perfect and the solution to my needs at the time. Now, it's time for someone else to love it for all it's virtues. But truly, not an everyday RV nor Overland vehicle.
@2017Holden - Send you a direct message with my contact.
@Dendy Jarrett - I see you, man. Thanks for the clarity and support on the rules. Community is nothing without order and empathy.
@workerdrone - great feedback regarding the deets. I'm not recommending a transmission swap but documenting when the next maintenance is needed. Also, it's Diesel as indicated, but DEF not required.
@RAM5500 CAMPERTHING - Feedback noted and changed, thanks!
@ReluctantTraveler - I DMed "RT" separately and I think we've buried the hatchet here. I'll get a lot more info up as soon as I can. He's clear that I'm not here to poach or flip a rig in this community. The sale is the result of some unfortunate life changes in the wake of the pandemic. I'm sure we can all relate to that. My goal isn't to overprice, only to get out what's been put in. NitroGear had a very fair price on it the first time around, but even he admonished he got much larger offers outside of this community. I then had discovered some new and existing issues and had to make a lot of costly upgrades to get it back to its fighting weight.

Thanks for the collective patience and guidance from the regulars 'round these parts.
For the rest of ya, as a rule of thumb, I try to shake a man's hand, look him in the eye, and understand his story before jumping to any conclusions. Similarly, I don't argue with fools or geniuses, as both tend to make me look stupid.

Last edited:

Pgopinath

@MSD - Sorry if the post was at all misleading from the original build. Hopefully I corrected that in the post.
@DirtWhiskey - Dead on. It's a hoss and was in the center of every wishlist I've ever had. The opportunity came to purchase locally from Carl at Nitro and I had to give it a go. It was perfect and the solution to my needs at the time. Now, it's time for someone else to love it for all it's virtues. But truly, not an everyday RV nor Overland vehicle.
@Dendy Jarrett - I see you, man. Thanks for the clarity and support on the rules. Community is nothing without order and empathy.
@workerdrone - great feedback regarding the deets. I'm not recommending a transmission swap butt documenting when the next maintenance is needed. Also, it's Diesel as indicated, but DEF not required.
@ReluctantTraveler - I DMed "RT" separately and I think we've buried the hatchet here. I'll get a lot more info up as soon as I can. He's clear that I'm not here to poach or flip a rig in this community. The sale is the result of some unfortunate life changes in the wake of the pandemic. I'm sure we can all relate to that Schtuff. My goal isn't to overprice, only to get out what's been put in. Nitro had a very fair price on it the first time around, but even he admonished he got much larger offers outside of this community. Had some new and discovered some old issues and had to make a lot of costly upgrades to get it back to fighting weight.

Thanks for the collective patience and guidance from the regulars 'round these parts.
For the rest of ya, as a rule of thumb, I try to shake a man's hand, look him in the eye, and understand his story before jumping to any conclusions. Similarly, I don't argue with fools or geniuses, as both tend to make me look stupid.

A true gentlemanly post and that last paragraph alone made it worth wading through the rest of the non-OP responses. Well said sir!

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
@workerdrone - great feedback regarding the deets. I'm not recommending a transmission swap butt documenting when the next maintenance is needed. Also, it's Diesel as indicated, but DEF not required.
@ReluctantTraveler - I DMed "RT" separately and I think we've buried the hatchet here. I'll get a lot more info up as soon as I can. He's clear that I'm not here to poach or flip a rig in this community. The sale is the result of some unfortunate life changes in the wake of the pandemic. I'm sure we can all relate to that Schtuff. My goal isn't to overprice, only to get out what's been put in. Nitro had a very fair price on it the first time around, but even he admonished he got much larger offers outside of this community. Had some new and discovered some old issues and had to make a lot of costly upgrades to get it back to fighting weight.

Bravo Sir!

Well done!

GLWS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears