SOLD - Australian Chuckwagon for sale $100

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I believe this is the only Australian Chuckwagon ever imported into the U.S. My buddy Geoff brought it over ~ 15 years ago for his FJ62 Cruiser. He sold it to me after a few years and I modified it to work with 3rd gen 4Runners. Here it is in my '97 T4R at the Northwest Overland Rally.

IMG_2995.jpg

Modifications included removing 4" out of the center of the unit so that it would fit between the wheelwells in the narrower vehicle.

It also works well in my 2011 T4R.

UtX7mKFeSe+5pKqGxNWCyA.jpg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Dimensions: 30" high, 40.5" wide, and 31" deep. This is made up of 1/2" rectangular steel tubing. It isn't light. Held down by using the four existing tie down points in your 4Runner. It doesn't move when tied down properly. It has six plastic bins, one metal drawer, and a slider originally built for an ARB/Engels 45 liter frig. There is room for storing a stove on a tall upper shelf and misc. gear in the lower shelf. The piano hinged table holds everything in place when close.

I am asking $100 for the Australian chuckwagon. It does not include the refrigerator. You couldn't purchase the materials this cheap if you decided to do a DIY project. Wifey and I are going totally to a new overland trailer and so no longer need this little beauty.

Too heavy to ship, so pick up only at my home in Spokane, WA. If you have any questions please PM me here or via daledotaveryatcomcastdotnet.+J+%uwy%TOyV5BdTGaUo9Q.jpg

Some additional pics:

h9VtLo2vQ9Gv5Kc6kSx+aA.jpgCo1+GcwaTW+GHs1BHX8Kcg.jpgX8tsivJ7QxO5ZxB9iZBfEA.jpgunSbIR9XQ4yNIgfbDVsTzA.jpg

Last edited:

JDoan

Hi Dale, I sent you an email. Is the $100 price correct? Or is there supposed to be another zero in there?

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Yeah, I know, the bugger is too big to ship. It is a great little system. Nanc and I can cook for 6-8 people for at least a weekend with it. Great storage.

Dale

IMG_0285.JPG

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
IMG_2456.JPG

This unit has served me well all over the North American continent. It needs a new home.

tatanka48

i was caught hook line n sinker by the title

Australian Chuckwagon for sale $100

as one who cooks from time to time on a real American Chuck Wagon for both competition and doing historical presentations i had to click on this one

the pics(above) showed the Aussie really did/does have an idea/understanding

thought some of you might like to see a bit of the history behind the kit he is trying to sell

and even if you aren't in a position to acquire his you might like to see how his kit evolved from the originals

Charlie Goodnight built the 1st one back right after the War of Northern Aggression(1866) for a cattle drive north out of Texas

not much different than this one which was common up until the trail drives ended in the early 1900's when they were relegated to simply feeding ranch hands on the larger ranches

16998072_883922978427585_1162697712348134419_n.jpg

and as time went on and horses began drinking petroleum distillates some of the ranches adopted this style which isn't that much different than the Aussie unit just a few years older

truck in lincoln.jpeg

nowadayz the Boy Scouts build units like this one w/ removeable legs which can be created to ride in the back of a trailer a van a pick-up or mini-van

P4032047%20copy.jpg

folks on this forum w/ their varied talents ought to be able to take the pics in this thread and really goto town and create one that fits their own needs

sorry for the hyjack

couldn't help myself

T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12