SOLD - AutoHome Columbus Variant (Med)

coydogsf

Adventurer
Sold, thanks!

Standard length, medium width AutoHome Columbus Variant RTT for sale in Northern California (I'm in Petaluma but could bring it to San Francisco). Details at http://autohomeus.com/rooftop/variant.php

Some scratches (not deep) on the exterior and the "chrome" edging has been glued back on (well). All canvas, struts, hinges, etc are in great shape.

Improvements include a shelf similar to the one described on the AutoHome blog at http://autohomeusa.blogspot.com/2009/03/making-interior-storage-shelf-for.html and a 2 inch memory foam topper for the stock mattress.

$2500 - okay, how about $2,250?!
IMG_2728.jpg

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

Baja.jpg

IMG_8577.jpg

IMG_8784.jpg

Last edited:

2wheelbob

Adventurer
My wife and I are interested. How long have you owned it? How did you like it? How come you've decided to sell. Would you be willing to ship it to 82414 and if so, how much would it cost?
We are looking for a tent to take with us on our old Land Cruiser in case we find a spot to beautiful to leave or a place where the fish just won't stop biting until it's too late.
Thanks in advance.

Bob and Amy

coydogsf

Adventurer
Hi Bob,

We've owned it for just over a year now. Used it for some weekend camping and a five month trip from San Francisco to Panama, camping maybe about 1/4 of the time. It was perfect for what you're talking about, pretty much forgetting it's up there until you decide you want to use it. We kept all our sheets, pillows and a down comforter up there along with the ladder and shelf so we were ready to just pop the top and settle in. We also liked that it's pretty low profile and doesn't affect gas mileage much.

Now we need something that will accommodate a (planned) family so it's time to let it go.

To be honest, I would have NO idea what would be involved in shipping tho my guess is that it might be prohibitively expensive. It would have to be crated and shipping by truck. A few hundred dollars at the very least I'd say... I picked it up at an Autohome retailer a couple hours away from my house.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78