SOLD CAMPER 2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road w/ Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

dustfro

Located in Stevenson, WA (45 min east of Portland).

The Truck:
2019 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road, Automatic, 5" bed, Magnetic Gray Metallic
44k miles
1 owner, clean title
Old Man Emu 887 front coilovers w/ nitrocharger sport shocks
SPC Upper Control Arms
Deaver stage 3 expedition leaf springs, Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Sport Shocks in rear.
Prinsu Roof Rack
GoodYear Wrangler DuraTracs, 265/75/R16. Roughly 20k miles on them. Plenty of tread left.
OEM Wheels, just blacked out with with vinyl decals.

The Camper:
Alu-Cab Canopy Camper, installed by Tactical Application Vehicles in Albuquerque, NM.
Alu-Cab 270 Shadow Awning
Spare Tire Carrier
Rear Molle Plates
Alu-Cab Load Bars, low and mid profile height brackets included.
Expediton Essentials Quick Bottle Mount with 11lb Propane Tank
Dickinson P9000 Propane Fireplace w/ GP Factor Fitment Kit
Renogy 175watt Flexible Solar Panel, mounted to load bars using diy 80/20 aluminum frame.
DIY 80/20 interior buildout can be included, but does not change or reflect the price of the vehicle.

Love this truck and this setup but family needs force sale. No known issues. Truck runs great, always serviced on time by Toyota. Truck spent its first two years in CO and on the road a lot of time between OR and CO. No rust.

There is some strange rattling coming from the rear of the vehicle. I plan to have that addressed before a sale goes through.

Willing to sell camper separately. Closest Alu-Cab dealer to me is Mule Expedition Outfitters in Tualatin, OR. Buyer would pay an estimated $1,800 install fee. I would cover the $800 removal fee. Mule mentioned last month they have a 3-4 week lead time. Actual time may be different as summer approaches.

Price: Truck/Camper Package: WAS 58k, now offered at $56,000. Camper only: $15000

KBB Private Party Value on this truck stock is $38,248-$41,391. Camper cost us over 20k after labor install and shipping. Vehicle is financed through Toyota dealership.

Last edited:

dustfro

280ba101f217b1dcbed24025aa176d4a.jpg

129ebcc3a1c00eda0799a0cbf0e6e096.jpg

b5aa9445e79eed67922bc288b5f7ef1f.jpg

19c83f9c975cfa1de2d008f2029d2163.jpg

aa8db2b8c98cb524e5b87b029575b227.jpg

e133042ec671416934423790c72923d3.jpg

5abb943654228b4ce9f05978a47c1ae4.jpg

1df6d8598a53298f8c49ea40aa8f3e2e.jpg

c0291522724060896e873ed07692c7b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrew1986

Nice setup, how does the heater system really work. I live in MT and I'm looking for this exact set up but have doubts about the heating being enough. Also what's the floor space once you pull the bed out to full length. Thx Andrew

dustfro

Nice setup, how does the heater system really work. I live in MT and I'm looking for this exact set up but have doubts about the heating being enough. Also what's the floor space once you pull the bed out to full length. Thx Andrew

Thank you. The heater works great. We got the camper installed in January of 2021 and immediately took off on a 3 month trip snowboarding around CO, OR, WA, MT, and WY. We were never too cold and had outside temps reaching down to 4 degrees. There were some mornings when we would have a little frost on the back door of the camper, but I think with some better insulating and sealing it would be solid. Also another fan for airflow, besides the one that’s built into the heater, is recommended.

Specifications from the Alu-Cab site say the full bed section is 102.3” x 52.7”. I’m 5’ 10” and we always kept the smaller hatch side of the bed open and just slept on the bed portion that measures 81.6” x 48.22”. Plenty of space for two, and the open hatch allowed for heat to travel up to us.

HvH

Thank you. The heater works great. We got the camper installed in January of 2021 and immediately took off on a 3 month trip snowboarding around CO, OR, WA, MT, and WY. We were never too cold and had outside temps reaching down to 4 degrees. There were some mornings when we would have a little frost on the back door of the camper, but I think with some better insulating and sealing it would be solid. Also another fan for airflow, besides the one that’s built into the heater, is recommended.

Specifications from the Alu-Cab site say the full bed section is 102.3” x 52.7”. I’m 5’ 10” and we always kept the smaller hatch side of the bed open and just slept on the bed portion that measures 81.6” x 48.22”. Plenty of space for two, and the open hatch allowed for heat to travel up to us.

Located in Stevenson, WA (45 min east of Portland).

The Truck:
2019 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road, Automatic, 5" bed, Magnetic Gray Metallic
44k miles
1 owner, clean title
Old Man Emu 887 front coilovers w/ nitrocharger sport shocks
SPC Upper Control Arms
Deaver stage 3 expedition leaf springs, Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Sport Shocks in rear.
Prinsu Roof Rack
GoodYear Wrangler DuraTracs, 265/75/R16. Roughly 20k miles on them. Plenty of tread left.
OEM Wheels, just blacked out with with vinyl decals.

The Camper:
Alu-Cab Canopy Camper, installed by Tactical Application Vehicles in Albuquerque, NM.
Alu-Cab 270 Shadow Awning
Spare Tire Carrier
Rear Molle Plates
Alu-Cab Load Bars, low and mid profile height brackets included.
Expediton Essentials Quick Bottle Mount with 11lb Propane Tank
Dickinson P9000 Propane Fireplace w/ GP Factor Fitment Kit
Renogy 175watt Flexible Solar Panel, mounted to load bars using diy 80/20 aluminum frame.
DIY 80/20 interior buildout can be included, but does not change or reflect the price of the vehicle.

Love this truck and this setup but family needs force sale. No known issues. Truck runs great, always serviced on time by Toyota. Truck spent its first two years in CO and on the road a lot of time between OR and CO. No rust.

There is some strange rattling coming from the rear of the vehicle. I plan to have that addressed before a sale goes through.

Willing to sell camper separately. Closest Alu-Cab dealer to me is Mule Expedition Outfitters in Tualatin, OR. Buyer would pay an estimated $1,800 install fee. I would cover the $800 removal fee. Mule mentioned last month they have a 3-4 week lead time. Actual time may be different as summer approaches.

Price: Truck/Camper Package: $58,000. Camper only: $16000

KBB Private Party Value on this truck stock is $38,248-$41,391. Camper cost us over 20k after labor install and shipping. Vehicle is financed through Toyota dealership.

i am interested in both the truck and camper did you resolve the rattling?

where is the truck located at this time?

dustfro

i am interested in both the truck and camper did you resolve the rattling?

where is the truck located at this time?

Yeah the rattling was just the factory spare tire carrier, since the tire was relocated to the back of the camper. It’s been tightened up and the noise is gone.
The truck is in Stevenson WA, 45 minutes east of Portland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears