[SOLD]Custom Off-Road AeroTow Overlanding Trailer ($4000 base $6000 Loaded)

This is a unique custom trailer built from an early 1990s Aerotow trailer. The chassis was built by Reno fabricator Bradd Davidson for hard off-road use. It has an extended tongue with a standard 2” ball coupler. It can be shortened or converted to 360-degree coupler. The tongue length was set to match the wheelbase of a 3rd Generation Toyota 4Runner. As such you can jackknife this beyond 90 degrees without interference.

LOCATED IN RENO, NV

DSC06858 Medium.jpeg

This fully self-contained off-grid overlanding trailer is for comfortable overlanding or base camping for 2. We have used it for our family of 4, but as our kids get bigger, we have outgrown it.

DSC06780 Medium.jpeg

This trailer can go anywhere an overland rig can go. It is narrow and nimble and has followed our 4Runner and Tacoma down rough roads and tough 4-wheeling trails.
DSC06789 Medium.jpeg
DSC06791 Medium.jpeg
DSC06785 Medium.jpeg
DSC06786 Medium.jpeg
DSC06787 Medium.jpeg
DSC06782 Medium.jpeg
DSC06778 Medium.jpeg

Trailer Video Overview​

The rear receiver hitch can be used as a recovery point or to carry bikes. We have used it to carry 4 bikes. It is fully integrated into the frame of the trailer.

Asking Price:​

$6000 for everything: Ready to camp on day one
$4000 excluding: fridge, battery, solar, awning, tent, chairs

More background on this trailer can be found on our YouTube Channel:
  • Vintage Aerotow Steel Trailer body with clamshell lockable lid and Tongue box
  • Thule Tepui Explorer Autana 4 with Room (some photos show a different tent)
  • ARB Awning 8’
  • Bridgestone 265/75 R 16 all-terrain Tires on 6 lug 4Runner wheels
  • Full size spare
  • Frontrunner 5 g water tank
  • Dometic CFX3 55 IM Fridge
  • Craft Autoworks OES Mini 500 AH Powerpack
    • Wired for fast vehicle charging
  • Goal Zero 100w Solar panel
  • 110v, solar and fast charging input
  • 2 Frontrunner Chairs
  • Custom Side table
  • Tacoma Leaf Springs
  • Shock absorbers
  • 3500# trailer axle
  • Brakes
  • 6 pin wiring
  • Rear stabilizers
  • Front jack
  • Rear receiver hitch
  • aluminum fenders
  • Raptor Liner coating
  • Sand mat
  • Stove
  • Yeti Kitchen Box
  • Kitchen and supplies

Last edited:
Is the original larger table still there? Do you use it?
The original table was great when the trailer was "stock", but with the trailer so much higher with the springs and big tires it was impossible to get into the trailer with it on. I don't have it or the brackets anymore. The side table is much more useful and still allows access to the main trailer storage area.

-M

bri

Adventurer
How well do you think a 270deg awning would do on it? I.e. vs a tent and awning? I think most 270 deg are about 90" long when closed up.

marret

Nicely done.

Any idea of unloaded weight with no tent?

How much weight can the rear receiver handle?

Thanks.

Nicely done.

Any idea of unloaded weight with no tent?

How much weight can the rear receiver handle?

Thanks.
I think the whole thing probably weighs in the neighborhood of 1000# unloaded without tent.

The rear receiver weight is going to depend on what else is in the trailer. The receiver tube is about 36" long and integrated into the sub frame, so it's plenty strong. But if you put too much weight back there the front will pop up. Like I said, I've loaded a rack and 4 bikes on it with no problems. So that's about 200#.

-M

marret

I think the whole thing probably weighs in the neighborhood of 1000# unloaded without tent.

The rear receiver weight is going to depend on what else is in the trailer. The receiver tube is about 36" long and integrated into the sub frame, so it's plenty strong. But if you put too much weight back there the front will pop up. Like I said, I've loaded a rack and 4 bikes on it with no problems. So that's about 200#.

-M
Thanks. Roger on weight.

I figured some counterweight might be needed if carrying something a bit heavier on the rear receiver. Understand bikes no problem.

I really want something I can carry my Vespa with, about 350 pounds. I was wondering if it would be possible with a Versahaul on the back, with weight to offset up front. Does that sound feasible?

I am interested, but honestly with the heat right now I am going to have to see if it available later. GLWS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998