**sold****F/S RTT CVT Mt. St. Helens

dcabcody

*tent is sold***I'm selling my 2 year old CVT RTT. The tent is located in Salida,Colorado. It has served me well but I have a baby on the way and we've decided ground tents or pop up campers will be a better choice for the near future. The basic info can be found here-

http://endlesshorizonoutfitters.com...ents/cvt/cvt-mt-st-helens-roof-top-tents.html

Some pics-
2014tourdecureNAPA109.jpg

GetAttachment3.jpg

GetAttachment-1.jpg

GetAttachment1.jpg

The good- It hasn't failed us in about 40 camp nights. The fabric is great. Rain and wind with no leakage. When raised up the walls are pretty taunt so no flapping of loose fabric. The scissor mechanisms all work fine. The mattress measures at 3 inches and is in great shape. The ladder works fine. For my stock 4runner there is quite a bit of adjustment left for a taller vehicle. This tent like most similar tents will sit on top of pretty much any crossbar. I widened the attachment brackets to fit the more sturdy Thule aerobar(wider). This crossbar has a thin rubber strip that helps keep the tent from wanting to slide at all and cushions the tent againts the bars too. They should work on a skinnier bar or could be modified back. A person could probably for cheap
contact CVT for a 4pak of these brackets.

The not as good. The top portion of the outer shell has a clear coat that is leaving, has left, or wasn't really much there . I've waxed yearly but the Colorado sun over 3 summers has made the paint less shiny. Pretty sure a person could hit it with clear coat in a can or have it professionally touched up. Also the quality control at the "factory" was a bit off when my fiberglass shell was made. It's pretty smooth everywhere with some imperfections in the fiberglass. There is one small area with some clear coat hairline cracks. My wife says nobody would notice these things but I figured it should be mentioned. Also I removed one of the side entry covers (zips off) to give the wind less material to get a hold of. Lastly the fabric is good but had a small hole in one corner I patched. This hole and a few small scuffs on the outer shell were present when I received it new. :mad: The area on the inside where the fabric is pulled through offers quite a bit of extra fabric so future potential patches can be made.

I was able to get in on a group but which brought it to my front door at around $2k. asking 1,000 / obo. Thanks. call,email,PM I can send pictures to whoever requests. I'm having trouble making the recent pictures bigger.

Cody Spanier
clspanier@msn.com
719-221-4783
Salida,CO

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78