SOLD! Ford F600 4X4 1979 Popup top, Cummins Allison, make me an offer!

MotoMind

Fascinating rig, too bad it doesn't appear to be registerable in CA since it originally had a gas motor and the smog testing goes back to model year 1976.

Matmantre

By the VIN. Once the inspection station inputs the VIN it will show up as a gas powered rig.

Ya you are right, I thought maybe the old VIN doesn’t include the engine but it does. But! I did my homework lol and it is legal in California to swap engine from gas to diesel but not the opposite. There is some rules that need to be respected, for example, the new engine needs to be the same year or newer, it needs to have original anti pollution system (none), needs to be from the same class of vehicle (no industrial), etc... it seems that there is 2 way to do it, one is a form that you can fill at the DMV the other one is to show it to a referee I think!?

Abitibi

Explorer
Salut Mathieu

Superbe création! Je suis dans une situations similaire à vouloir vendre un véhicule overland et le marché n'est vraiment pas favorable avec la situation actuelle.

Si tu décides de revenir au Canada n'hésitez pas à venir prendre un break à Vancouver... j'ai une maison ici et je peux t'offrir un gîte ou un parking

Bonne chance pour ta copine, c'est superbe que tu sois prêt à tout vendre pour être en sa compagnie :)

Bonne chance
David

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Matmantre

Salut Mathieu

Superbe création! Je suis dans une situations similaire à vouloir vendre un véhicule overland et le marché n'est vraiment pas favorable avec la situation actuelle.

Si tu décides de revenir au Canada n'hésitez pas à venir prendre un break à Vancouver... j'ai une maison ici et je peux t'offrir un gîte ou un parking

Bonne chance pour ta copine, c'est superbe que tu sois prêt à tout vendre pour être en sa compagnie :)

Bonne chance
David

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Hehe! Super merci de l‘offre, j‘essaie de revenir au plus vite avant qu‘ils ferment la frontiere.... On se tient au courant!

merci encore et bonne chance avec la vente et le virus.

Mathieu

mrtopher1980

Fascinating rig, too bad it doesn't appear to be registerable in CA since it originally had a gas motor and the smog testing goes back to model year 1976.

This is a medium duty truck (class 6?), it would not have had any emissions controls in 1979. I don't know the specifics of CA in this particular case but it most likely would never have to be smogged since there is no expectation of it passing a test that doesn't exist.

Since it was swapped, it usually would need to pass emissions for the year of the engine installed. But the engine is a 2002 from a class 2b or 3, which still had virtually no emissions controls.

Matmantre

This is a medium duty truck (class 6?), it would not have had any emissions controls in 1979. I don't know the specifics of CA in this particular case but it most likely would never have to be smogged since there is no expectation of it passing a test that doesn't exist.

Since it was swapped, it usually would need to pass emissions for the year of the engine installed. But the engine is a 2002 from a class 2b or 3, which still had virtually no emissions controls.

Ya it is a bit confusing and the answer is never the same depending to who you talk. But for sure it can be registered in California.

Engine comes from the same class, it was in a medium duty also.

Thanks for the reply!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle