Sold!: Fully Equipped Overland/Expedition Vehicle:2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
Awesome! I am definitely doing this mod using the table. Detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated! Having most of these parts on my previous Jeep, I know the value and I think your price is very fair and priced to sell pretty quick to somebody who is seriously interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kosmo

Adventurer
Hi:

Great rig, great trip. Not looking to buy it, but a question.

Sorry if I missed it, but what size tires did you run? Outfitting Jeep and debating tall and skinny, 235/80/17 vs a little wider, 265/70/17. Any opinions?

Your trip looks great and something similar to what me and our family are doing this year. We will certainly be stalking your trip map.

Thanks

Kosmo

zimm

Expedition Leader
PP is 28,5 dealer retail is 33.

truck is at cost, do your own homework, and opine with the farkles. nothing that was so outrageous that a ball bust was called for. in general, if youre gonna bust balls, make sure you have a reason or youll look dumber than the case your attempting to make.

while there likely ought to be a comment rule for personal sales as opposed to craigslist/ebay sales, generally, looking dumb is punishment enough. the rest of us now know who the idiots are, even if they dont.

Grabow

Adventurer
Sorry, I'm not sure how I missed your question. We ran the stock Rubicon tires, which are basically 32"x10". They did great for us. Good luck on your trip, feel free to hit me up for info if you need anything.

jungblud

Observer
Hey, thanks! We used their medium table. It doesn't stick out into the passenger compartment at all, it's smaller than the AT rack. We love it! After we sell the jeep, we will be getting another for our next build. If you decide to mount one in the same place, I'll PM you some detailed instructions. It's a little bit of work, but the end product is completely rattle free and makes good use of space.

Would love some details on the mod for the table as well Grabow. Great looking Jeep build by the way.

Grabow

Adventurer
For sure, when I get home from work today I'll take some pictures if it's not too dark ,and do a brief how to on here.

Grabow

Adventurer
Eezi Awn Table mount JK

Here is a quick description of how to mount a Medium Eezi Awn K9 camp table under your AT Overland JK interior cargo rack.

You will need to buy some Under Rack Storage slides from Front Runner.

Measure and drill accordingly to mount the Storage Slides underneath your cargo rack (you will be storing your table lengthwise left to right)

DSCF2311.JPG

The rear of the cargo rack has a tube that runs the full width, which creates a lower lip. You will need to use/make some sort of a spacer (you could simply stack washers, or get as fancy as you wish), to lower the slides to make it possible to slide your table in and out.

IMG_0553.jpg

This, of course, will create open space above your table when stored; allowing the table to clank around anytime you hit a bump. To keep that from happening, you will want to make some sort of “stop” above your storage slides. I grabbed a small drop of heavy aluminum sheet from a metal supply shop, and made a small stop for each slide. You could just as easily pick up some aluminum/steel flat stock from Home Depot or something, and run it all the way across left to right and it would have the same effect.

IMG_0549.jpg

At the front of your slides (the end facing the front of your jeep) you will want to make a “stop” so in the event of hard braking, your table will stay put. This can be accomplished by drilling a hole in the slide and placing a stainless steel socket cap bolt through it with a nut on either side of the slide to lock the bolt in place.

IMG_0552.jpg

To get a tighter, absolutely rattle/noise free mount, we then purchased some fabric piping that was roughly ¼”- 3/8” in diameter, from a fabric store (of the heaviest fabric we could find) and riveted it to the undersides of either end of the table. This piping will be up against the aluminum stops that you placed above the slides when your table is stored, holding it firmly in place.

IMG_0550.jpg IMG_0555.jpg

One last thing to make absolutely sure your table doesn’t rattle around while driving, is to use some strategically placed Velcro strips on your table. Run two strips of the fuzzy side of Velcro (you can buy a roll at Home Depot) on the underside of your table where the legs rest when stowed, and use two small Velcro “one-wrap” straps to hold the legs tightly together when table is stored.

IMG_0556.jpg IMG_0554.jpg

Hopefully this all makes sense. Writing detailed instructions always makes something seem more complicated than it really is. Feel free to ask questions if I’ve left something out.

Dalriaden

Awesome jeep, hope it goes to a good home and good luck with the sale.

Random musing: why do people think freedom of speech applies to privately owned/rented/run forums?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears