SOLD: Holy Grail 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon- Built, Low Mileage- Price Update

posulli

Sadly it's finally time for me to sell this beautiful rig. I have built this to be the ultimate off-road camp set up, with only the best components (no expenses spared). I may be biased but I also think it's the most tasteful and best looking TJ out there. I do my own maintenance and have always done everything by the book on time. This is a turn key rig ready to go on your next adventure. I am selling because we have a growing family and it's not getting used as much as it should be.

IMG_2572.jpg

Asking $30,000 - Tent included
$29,000 - Without Tent

The Jeep itself:

_2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Automatic transmission
_Currently has 58K miles- I still drive here and there so will go up very slowly
_Denver, CO
_Factory two top. Hard Top was installed at the factory. Soft top was never installed and I have it in perfect NOS condition.
_The dealer installed OEM HD seat covers on day one, so the original beautiful TJ seats have never seen the light of day. They are perfect.
_There is no rust on this rig outside of the standard surface rust here and there found on the Dana 44 axles. The underside of the jeep is very clean.
_This is a very very clean jeep with low miles. I just had this aligned and inspected at my go to 4x4 shop and they gave it a very clean bill of health.

The Build:

Suspension:

_4" OME Coils
_Savvy aluminum fully adjustable control arms
_Terraflex 9550 Shocks (one of the things I thought I would change when I bought the jeep but have been surprised by how they ride, and kept them on)
_Monroe front steering stabilizer
_Currie Rock Jock Anti Rock Front Sway Bar
_Currie Rock Jock Heavy Duty Steering System
_Currie Rock Jock Axle Housing Weld on Johnny Joint for the Upper Control Arm
_Terraflex Rear Sway bar
_1" body lift and motor mount lift for an underbelly tuck

Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Axles:

_Revoution 5.38 Gears ( I have blackstone lab testing from after break in that shows awesome oil testing) - Throttle response like stock and can handle mountain passes
_35x12.5x15 Maxxis Bighorn MT's - Full Size Matching Spare around 5k miles on them
_Custom Color Match Painted Steelies
_Black Magic Big Brake Kit + Black Magic pads and rotors in the rear (this thing stops better then stock on 35's, it's pretty wild)
_Tom Woods Driveshafts
_Chromoly Axle Shafts
_Both factory Lockers work flawlessly

Armor:
_Clear bra on a large portion of the jeep
_Under belly skid for transmission and TC
_Front Differential skid
_Brand new Warn front and rear bumpers
_Rock Hard Sport Cage
_Fuel cell Skid for the larger 25 gallon fuel cell
_Custom diamond plate sliders to match factory diamond plate.
_Very new Gobi Roof Rack with hi lift mount (Hi lift included)
_Warn 9.5Ti Winch with Synthetic line
_Two sets of fender flares, Body color matched and Standard Black both are 6" wide

Misc:

_Revelco security system installed (look them up no one has ever stolen a vehicle with Ravelco) My last jeep was stolen and totaled, as soon as I bought this I had the system installed
_Factory Hella fog lights installed on warn bumper

_LED headlights
_Throttle body spacer and aftermarket cold air intake (I have factory system and will include)
_Larger 25 Gallon Aluminum fuel cell with Hi-Flo filtration system added
_Cats were replaced in 2019 and have passed emissions every year with no issues
_CB Radio - New- I currently dont have it hooked up. Just needs to be tuned.
_Mopar Auto dim rear view mirror
_Kenwood Excelon head unit
_Factory all weather floor mats - I have the factory Carpet mats which have never been used.
_Speedo healer speedo correction for the larger tires

_Brand new Go Fast Super Light Tent with mattress (I purchased for $1750)

Accidents:

Unfortunately, this Jeep has been hit twice by a hit and run drunk driver when parked. Luckily both times damage was relatively minimal.

Incident One:

On a trip to Durango I could feel a drive shaft U joint going bad. Pulled over had the jeep towed, the tow driver towed the jeep with the wheels on the ground after I was assured that would not happen. As a result the U-Joint failed and destroyed the Transfer case. While waiting to find a replacement factory NP241 Transfer case to replace it, a drunk driver hit the back of the jeep in front of my sister's house. The rear steel bumper took the majority of the blow. The Back hard top glass broke and the rear tailgate was dented. There was no other damage. All items (transfer case, rear tailgate, rear glass and warn bumper) were replaced with factory OEM parts.

Incident Two:

On St. Patrick's day night this year a drunk driver hit the front of the jeep going in reverse. The Front Warn bumper took the brunt of the force. Other damage included, the hood, grill and drivers side front fender. All items were replaced with factory OEM Parts (Hood, Grill, Warn Bumper). We could not find a matching body color ready to paint fender so all fenders were replaced with black fenders (I will include the 3 undamaged body color fenders)

The incidents are unfortunate but luckily no major damage was sustained, this is still an amazing rare build ready to go. If you would like to see the carfax let me know and I can send.

I am not in a rush to sell and only looking for serious buyers. I have provided every bit of information I can think of but if you have any questions please reach out.

Thanks,

-Patrick

IMG_2566.jpg

IMG_2487.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

Last edited:

bjorn240

Maybe this is a stupid question (I am an LC guy), but can the hard top come off with the Gobi roof rack in place, or does the roof rack have to come off to remove the hard top? I don't need a Jeep but I have looked at this ad 50 times...

kmacafee

Adventurer
Beautiful. One question about the damage caused by the flat tow. I thought these could be flat towed with no issue. What caused the damage?
Thanks

Last edited:

zgfiredude

@bjorn240 , I'll answer as a former Jeep and Gobi owner. Yes and no, LOL! The rack does NOT need to come fully off, it has pivot points on the lower part of the rear legs...so you can un-do at the front and then you raise/pivot the front of the rack up and back and the top comes off. It's not difficult or very time consuming. Gobi's are mounted to the rig, and don't pass through or attach to the hard top at all. The can thus be used with the soft top on or no top at all if you choose.

GLWS @posulli , she's a beautiful example of a great model of Jeep.

posulli

Beautiful. One question about the damage caused by the flat tow. I thought these could be flat towed with no issue. What caused the damage?
Thanks
Good question. These things can be flat towed without issue if everything is in proper working condition. The Ujoint at the front drive shaft (cardon, Transfercase side) was failing. It's why I pulled over and stopped driving. With these jeeps the front axle is always connected so when the wheels are spinning the driveshaft spins regardless of it being in 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive. So by the guy towing it with the front wheels on the ground the jeep was essentially sill being driven. The U Joint failed and caused the driveshaft to seperate which caused the damage to the transfer case. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

posulli

Maybe this is a stupid question (I am an LC guy), but can the hard top come off with the Gobi roof rack in place, or does the roof rack have to come off to remove the hard top? I don't need a Jeep but I have looked at this ad 50 times...
@bjorn240 , I'll answer as a former Jeep and Gobi owner. Yes and no, LOL! The rack does NOT need to come fully off, it has pivot points on the lower part of the rear legs...so you can un-do at the front and then you raise/pivot the front of the rack up and back and the top comes off. It's not difficult or very time consuming. Gobi's are mounted to the rig, and don't pass through or attach to the hard top at all. The can thus be used with the soft top on or no top at all if you choose.

GLWS @posulli , she's a beautiful example of a great model of Jeep.

zgfiredude

Has is right. Gobi's pivot back allowing you to remove hard top easily without removing the rack. Gobi has started making a cable system now that makes the process even easier:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78