SOLD. ISUZU NPR EXPEDITION CUSTOM RIG

detroitjosh

2-3 in front sear (if middle seat used)
2-3 in large rear(crew) bemch
coach very long bench(over 8') could be used if seat belts added add'l 2-3?
Barry, am I reading correctly that it could be anywhere from 4-6 additional belted passengers on top of the 2-3 in the cab, for a total potential of 6-9 passengers?

inonil

Observer
Barry, what is the height of your rig (highest point = needed clearance under a bridge or garage door)?

Thanks

Barryg

Barry, am I reading correctly that it could be anywhere from 4-6 additional belted passengers on top of the 2-3 in the cab, for a total potential of 6-9 passengers?
yes ; room for 3 in front bench; room for 3 in rear seat (it's a crew cab); there ere is a long bench seat in the rear camper about 9 feet long without seat belts which could be easily added.;however you would have quiate a crowd!

Barryg

This is beautiful!

What exactly is a $90,000 Kevlar Air Suspension?

Any pics and details? I've never heard of this and very curious
the original stock Isuzu springs, axles were removed and heavy Alcan leafs in front, Dynatrec axles front and rear, diffs, 4 link suspension and Pac brake rear air suspension with 2 air compressors and kevlor air bags in rear that allow up to 250 lb pressure vs the stock pac brake air bags with a 100 lb limit. Frame was beefed up and extended too done by Angry Iron Worls

detroitjosh

yes ; room for 3 in front bench; room for 3 in rear seat (it's a crew cab); there ere is a long bench seat in the rear camper about 9 feet long without seat belts which could be easily added.;however you would have quiate a crowd!
Excellent thank you for clarifying, sir!

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
the original stock Isuzu springs, axles were removed and heavy Alcan leafs in front, Dynatrec axles front and rear, diffs, 4 link suspension and Pac brake rear air suspension with 2 air compressors and kevlor air bags in rear that allow up to 250 lb pressure vs the stock pac brake air bags with a 100 lb limit. Frame was beefed up and extended too done by Angry Iron Worls

Thanks! Amazing setup

Rbertalotto

Explorer
Love it! But don’t understand a GAS motor. Why did you not go diesel with all that weight and wind resistance. Good luck with the sale,

Barryg

yes I'm a fan of diesels too; this rig was designed by a very experienced man in Panama for travelling through south american ;modern US diesels can't burn the hi sulfer fuel outside the country without disabling the emission systems. Also the available diesel from Isuzu is a small not powerful enough motor to power this 14,700 lb rig. This gas motor is the 6.0 L Vortec engine used in Chevy Tahoe, Gmc Yukon and I believe corvette's ; it' a very powerful, long lasting motor I've had 3 of them and one is still going strong at 400,000 miles

zimm

Expedition Leader
Agreed. I’d prefer the gasser in this. The LS engines are generally bomb proof and if fuel cost is not an issue, and you can squeak on an extra 1/3 capacity, you get the bonus of general fuel availability. There are tq and efficiency advantages to oil, but it’s not the show stopper some seem to present. It’s certainly not worth having a turtle unless you really do need a 1500 mile range for the empty quarter and an empty tank is death.

Winston Woo

Is there room for an additional fuel tank? Does the current air compressors also allow for tire inflation capabilities after airing down when needed.

Last edited:

Barryg

there is considerable space ahead of the passenger side water tank so I think so. No the Viair compressors are plumbed directly to the air bag suspension, but as we are performing the intial "shake down" service I'm thinking of adding a second redundent ait line for airing tires, inflatable bots etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger