SOLD: Jeep JK Habitat AT Overland/Ursa Minor Vehicles J180 w/ Nemo Tent RTT

Bam2413

Observer
Hmmm exactly what I have been looking for and see they are no longer making them. Trying to figure out how to drive to San Diego with my JK....issue being, what to do with my stock hard top when I get there! 1st world problems......

Last edited:

conquest26

Observer
Hi Bam, I'll send you a PM with my contact information to see if we can work something out. I see a few options - one is shipping the top to you and have it installed at a local shop. Another is to talk to John to see if he can consign/sell your existing hardtop after the Habitat is installed (I know he does this pretty often as other folks run into the same issue). I'm happy to help also, there are a lot of Jeeps in soCal looking for a hard top!

Healeyjet

Explorer
BAM2413, when we purchased out Habitat a couple years ago we did the following. Realizing that in MN most Jeeps are probably sold WITH the hardtop. In southern CA many Jeeps are probably sold with a soft top so hardtops for sale by themselves go at a premium. We drove from Saskatchewan to Prescott, advertised our hardtop on Craigslist in Phoenix and a couple drove from Phoenix up to Prescott to pick it up. We simply lifted the hardtop off of our Jeep and installed it straight onto theirs. We then drove over to AT and had the habitat installed. Worked perfect for us.
Ward

Bam2413

Observer
BAM2413, when we purchased out Habitat a couple years ago we did the following. Realizing that in MN most Jeeps are probably sold WITH the hardtop. In southern CA many Jeeps are probably sold with a soft top so hardtops for sale by themselves go at a premium. We drove from Saskatchewan to Prescott, advertised our hardtop on Craigslist in Phoenix and a couple drove from Phoenix up to Prescott to pick it up. We simply lifted the hardtop off of our Jeep and installed it straight onto theirs. We then drove over to AT and had the habitat installed. Worked perfect for us.
Ward

Thanks for that info! Never thought of that...

Healeyjet

Explorer
Bam, it worked so easy it was unreal. That and we had a nice drive to AZ in the process and are still friends with the people that bought our hardtop.
Ward

conquest26

Observer
I'm surprised too! Hopefully the change in weather will prove for a quick sale! It's ready for a new owner, PM me if you're interested!

conquest26

Observer
I might be at Overland Expo next month, but without the Habitat. It's currently in San Diego with Ursa Minor Vehicles waiting to either be installed on someone's Jeep or ship out to the destination of your choice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears