SOLD SOLD SOLD - Conqueror Conquest For Sale in Oregon

WMac

Adventurer
Well..... The day i said would never come has arrived. In as much as it pains me and with the purchase of our 42' Toy-hauler, I have come to the conclusion that I just don't use it as its been out of the heated shop the last four years.

Mine is not one of the four from the US. I brought it down from the dealer in Nova Scotia Canada. There is lots of info on this trailer that can be found here in this forum. Dendy Jarret and I worked thru our trailers about the same time and all the necessary modifications were made including the lights, wiring, etc.

Its on the west coast in Oregon so here's your chance as I believe most if not all the others are still in the mid west or east coast.

Trailer is a 10 as you can see in the pictures and is in excellent condition $12,000.00 OBRO.

Best to email me instead of PM.

I also have a Luna 60 Refer/freezer/warmer, as well as a forced air furnace that you can see here. http://store.adventuretrailers.com/portable-furnace-heatsource-hs2000/ That i will sell with the trailer at an additional cost

011.jpg039.jpg100_3918.jpg100_3924.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Say it isn't so ...!

You probably know, I am now in a 25' Eddie Bauer (outdoor edition) Airstream.

D

WMac

Adventurer
Say it isn't so ...!

D

Hey Dendy, I know right. We recently purchased a 42' Dutchmen Voltage fifth wheel with every bell and whistle and with the grandkids old enough to go hunting, fishing, quads, etc. We just just found it wasnt getting used. Its been an amazing aventure owning this and camping places I would of never thought possible without backpacking into.

As you know, somebody's gonna buy a really nice and very capable trailer.

Enigma

Observer
Mine is not one of the four from the US. I brought it down from the dealer in Nova Scotia Canada.

Howdy, nice trailer!

Do you have any info on this Canadaian dealer? My Google-**** is weak this morning, can't find any info on them.

GLWS!

WMac

Adventurer
I bought the last one. He never got anything going so decided to keep one, and his brother took one. Just so happened I called when the brother who lives in Vancouvec BC was there, so he brought the last two back. We met up the following week outside of Seattle Washington.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
We purchased a 25 foot Airstream Eddie Bauer Edition. I guess we are getting old! :)

I remember when you purchased this and what a tremendous score. One of 5 in the entirety of the US.

And a few years back, this wouldn't have lasted a day for sale.

D

WMac

Adventurer
We purchased a 25 foot Airstream Eddie Bauer Edition. I guess we are getting old! :)

I remember when you purchased this and what a tremendous score. One of 5 in the entirety of the US.

And a few years back, this wouldn't have lasted a day for sale.

D

Yeah, I have a lot of interest in it and a few guys locally. I don't think it will last long once the right buyer comes along and sees/knows what it is.

Happy everything is working out for you.

WMac

Adventurer
How do I edit my original post? I don't see the edit button. Can an admin turn that on for me please.

Thanks

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Hey Dendy, I know right. We recently purchased a 42' Dutchmen Voltage fifth wheel with every bell and whistle and with the grandkids old enough to go hunting, fishing, quads, etc. We just just found it wasnt getting used. Its been an amazing aventure owning this and camping places I would of never thought possible without backpacking into.

As you know, somebody's gonna buy a really nice and very capable trailer.

Not related to your 4-sale, but rather your new (assumed) toy hauler Dutchmen. If it's possible and you haven't done it already, buy yourself a good aftermarket extended warranty. I can almost guarantee it will pay for itself.

If it has anything on it other than good quality name brand tires, do yourself a favor, and get some on there. If it says something like Powerking, or Tow Max, or Super Awesome Mega-tread, get them off. People in RV circles call these things China Bombs for a reason, and that's pretty much what they do when they let go, and I can guarantee you the ridiculous amount of damage they will do to your rig when they do fail. Go back there and look around and you will see that the camper structure in the axle area will not take much abuse.

Last season I had 3 fail on my tri-axle. Two were brand new at the beginning of the trip, while the third probably didn't have 10k on it, and funny enough, it wasn't the first to let go. Two blew a day apart when I was in Colorado, and they absolutely destroyed the sheet metal and plastic surrounding the "wheel well" area of the axles. Both sides, lucky me.

If you haven't already sign yourself up over on RV.net and do your own research. It is almost without fail not a question of if, but when. In my case, 3rd season on the old tire, and within about 3k miles on the new ones.

WMac

Adventurer
Yep our dealer told us that as well and it went from the dealers lot to the tire store before it ever came home. full extended 72 month platinum warranty.
I appreciate the heads up though.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Sounds like your sales person had some integrity beyond just making the sale. Too many will say just whatever it takes to get it out the door.

Unfortunately as nice as these trailers look, and as whiz-bang feature packed they try to make them, they really are crap for what they charge. And I'm not talking Dutchmen. All of them. I've been to 3 different factory's over there in Elkhart and git 'er done is the name of the game. Silk dresses on pigs. Start pulling off some of the skin to see the guts of hidden construction and you'd be appalled.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to rain on your parade or knock your junk, but man the RV industry is just a joke. Mine dang near went up in flames at Disney because whatever sub-yard assembled the main breaker panel inserted the feed lines into the main breaker but didn't see fit to take the time to actually tighten them down. I don't know how it functioned as long as it did before finally going up in smoke. Good thing I was close when the wife called. None of the cable tv connections were more than just finger tight. My transfer switch (50 amp relay panel basically), located behind a wall in the basement, was fastened to the floor with 1 wood screw and its cover was just sitting on top. No screws at all. I found this when checking it out the first time it fried. None of its connections were tight either.

I could give you a laundry list of crap that failed but luckily the extended warranty covered everything. We've had a boatload of fun in the thing, and it's a whole lot better than sleeping on the ground, but for what they charge they should be shot for the backwoods China level of quality they produce.

Holy crap how did I get off on this rant? Sorry 'bout that! Back to you guy, and I'll stop polluting your thread. :agree:

WMac

Adventurer
Unfortunately as nice as these trailers look, and as whiz-bang feature packed they try to make them, they really are crap for what they charge.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to rain on your parade or knock your junk:

Well Tgreening, Like they say, opinions are like *******s and everyone has one and I guess our forum has a few with seasoned members like yourself. I didn't post an ad for my Conqueror trailer because i needed to hear your personal opinion of our new Dutchmen Voltage. As a very well seasoned RV'r and I have owned well more than my share of RV's over my 57 yrs but I somehow didn't find your expert advise column when we did out research so I apologize for that.

Maybe you could start another thread here and get it pinned to the top with all of your contact info so others like myself don't squander $100,000.00 on buying junk.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Ouch! Guess it must of been one of my days for unintentionally ticking someone off. Anyway, that wasn't my intent and I'm sorry if I rubbed wrong. I wasn't meaning to badmouth your Dutchmen, just the state of the RV industry in general. I did apologize at then end for my rant and promised not to pollute further, and I won't.

Enjoy your rig man, I'm sure you will. I've enjoyed ours immensely, just disappointed in the industry is all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears