Sold - Super Pacific Tundra pop top truck topper (basically new), $10,500 Knoxville TN

86scotty

Cynic
SOLD

Well, I will probably regret doing this but we've decided to build another van since it suits our mode of travel. Therefore, my new Super Pacific camper is for sale.

I was an early adopter of SP and waited on this camper for about 10 months but circumstances change and we have bought another van and are also building a new one. I thought of keeping the SP in the meantime but it's not getting used and I know many are looking for these.

This is a Tundra Crewmax model. There is only one top for Tundras at the moment. It fits 2nd and 3rd generation trucks
It weighs around #300. The suspension on my truck in the pics is not modified, just a levelling kit I added before I got the top. Sits level, no sag with one of these tops
Top is black, roof portion is white (thick honeycomb fiberglass)
Top is all aluminum (with fiberglass panels as noted above)
Includes power point and USB plugs inside which can be placed and wired anywhere due to the modular interior switch panels
Includes top rear brake light, not yet wired. Pigtail is plenty long to get where you need it
Top has forward glass and rear door glass
Comes with new, unused SP awning brackets and hardware
Includes Exped Megamat Duo self inflating mattress. I had one of these in my previous RTT and I can tell you it's the most comfortable camper/camping mattress I've ever slept on. Get on REI or anywhere and read the reviews. It is amazing. SP spec's them in their tops. You can keep a light blanket and bed covers on bed with top lowered but nothing bulky like pillows or sleeping bags. Deflating this mattress (takes about 30 seconds) insures top closes completely and easily.
The entire bed slides up and over the cab for full access to your truck bed with tent popped up in camping mode. There are also removable panels in each rear corner for ventilation (heat, etc.) and access to/from bed area without disturbing anyone sleeping.

I have no idea what the wait is for a new SP top right now but I believe it is a year or so. You can get this top TODAY with no wait for 2 grand less than SP's current price.

I have a vehicle lift in my shop. If you pick up at my place it will be a very easy swap. However, 4 adults can move one around as well.

I will be glad to work with someone on meeting to get this top but I travel extensively (in another truck) for work and will have to work with you on time and place. The easiest way to get it on your truck is certainly to come to me.

$10,500 cash with an agreed on deposit if you need time to put together a trip. The top is only listed here for now.

No one has asked yet but I'll go ahead and answer. I'm not really planning to sell my Tundra but if anyone is interested in a package deal I might consider it. This would probably be in the mid $30's. Truck is a 2012 Platinum with every conceivable option available then, 135k and no problems. Best truck I've ever owned, hands down.

IMG_9869 by K A, on Flickr

IMG_9870 by K A, on Flickr

IMG_9871 by K A, on Flickr

IMG_9889 by K A, on Flickr

IMG_9873 by K A, on Flickr

IMG_9874 by K A, on Flickr

IMG_9876 by K A, on Flickr

IMG_9886 by K A, on Flickr

IMG_9880 by K A, on Flickr

IMG_9881 by K A, on Flickr

IMG_9879 by K A, on Flickr

IMG_9877 by K A, on Flickr

IMG_9887 by K A, on Flickr

IMG_9875 by K A, on Flickr

SP by K A, on Flickr

SP by K A, on Flickr

IMG_9887 by K A, on Flickr

IMG_9885 by K A, on Flickr

Last edited:

86scotty

Cynic
650 views and no love. Well, not hurting to sell but I reckon it's time for a bump.

If this helps anyone I might be able to have this in Denver sometime in October.

dasfrank

$2k less than MSRP and no lead time!? Too bad this isn't for a Tacoma or else I'd be snapping it up. GLWS and have a free bump.

Just took a look at their website -- thinking it should fit no problem. Can you share some photos/videos of the interior? Very curious about the panels and how they work.

dasfrank

Just took a look at their website -- thinking it should fit no problem. Can you share some photos/videos of the interior? Very curious about the panels and how they work.

Here are a couple of walkaround videos that helped me with my decision making:
I've still yet to see one in person but it's pretty clear that the thought process that went into the design and the attention to detail is top notch, compared to the other offerings in the market (GFC, Vagabond Drifter, etc.).

86scotty

Cynic
Wonder if this would fit on a 21 F150 crew max.

I would love to sell it to you but there's a reason SP makes a different camper for different trucks. I would recommend you talk to SP first. The owner, Spencer, has an F150. He took a long time to get things right for the Tundra version, and he is a designer who knows the language of CAD and Solidworks, etc. I do not, but if these two tops were interchangeable I'm pretty sure the word would be out.

Let me know if the links above don't answer what you need to see. I can show you whatever you need this weekend but I'm near my truck until late tomorrow.

Thanks

I would love to sell it to you but there's a reason SP makes a different camper for different trucks. I would recommend you talk to SP first. The owner, Spencer, has an F150. He took a long time to get things right for the Tundra version, and he is a designer who knows the language of CAD and Solidworks, etc. I do not, but if these two tops were interchangeable I'm pretty sure the word would be out.

Let me know if the links above don't answer what you need to see. I can show you whatever you need this weekend but I'm near my truck until late tomorrow.

Thanks

Those videos answered my questions!! Looks pretty rad! Still need to find out if it would fit on an f150...

bcash

Long shot... If anyone has a super pacific build slot they need to sell so they can buy this then I'll buy their build slot. I would love to snag this but I have a double cab tundra

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears