Sold the Xterra - Anyone want my kitchen/storage boxes? (1st Gen)

coydogsf

Adventurer
Hey All,

My wife and I outfitted our first gen 2004 Xterra with everything we'd need to camp and drove it 10K miles from San Francisco to Panama. We shipped it home at the end of the trip (would not recommend) and ultimately sold it without all the expedition gear. Now, I've got our custom built kitchen/storage box set up literally gathering dust and would love to see someone else use it. We built it from scratch to fit into the back of the 2004 Xterra so it's not gonna work for anything else.

Here it is in place...
IMG_8186.jpg

Here's an Expo thread with some details and pics...
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...age-Boxes-Lets-See-Yours!?p=761244#post761244

Here's what it looks like out of the vehicle...
photo 1.jpg

Fold down table is stainless. Empty space fits an Engel 17 fridge. Larger storage cubbies were built to fit Action Packer boxes but we ended up just packing them with stuff. There's also a sleeping platform that we built but never used. Would need a little improvement/modification. Let me know if you have any other questions or if you're near the Bay Area and would like to take a look.

Dave

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Would love to have those. Look well thought out and well made.

Unfortunately its quite the cannonball run from Toronto to San Francisco!

I'm sure someone will enjoy them

Last edited:

RonapRhys

Adventurer
It does look remarkably useful. As soon as I can pull off an RTT, I'll be redoing my storage set up and may borrow some of the ideas from this one. It works for now, but it's only for solo travel as there's no room for passengers.

coydogsf

Adventurer
Thanks guys. Still available for anyone convenient to the SF Bay Area. Would hate for them to become scrap plywood!

Jack5885

Observer
Oh man I wish I saw this thread when I was up in the Bay Area last month! I would have bought that in a heartbeat.

coydogsf

Adventurer
Oops! We're actually on the road in the Airstream on the way to Banff for the next little bit, but if someone's interested, let me know and we can work out a pickup!

coydogsf

Adventurer
In Petaluma, but out of town until Sept 27. PM me with your email or cell and we can see if there's a time that week you can come by and check it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger