Sold to Dave, Hope you have as much fun withh the van as I did.

jammyauto

Adventurer
Just in time for a Baja Christmas trip!
2005 EB350 diesel SMB 4x4

24639 miles
Sportsmobile penthouse top
6.0 Diesel engine
remote mounted engine coolant filter (spin on)
Sportsmobile (not Quigley) 4x4
includes AA Atlas transfer case
Old man emu shocks
New (under 100 miles) BFG AT E rated tires (5)
American racing teflon rims
Hella TPMS system
Pioneer double DIN stereo with color reverse camera and ipod control
GPS antennae mounted on roof
Extreme air onboard compressed air system with tank
Aluminess front and rear bumpers with rear storage box and tire mount
aluminess side ladder
Leather front seats
CB radio
Power paddle mirrors
factory tow package and trailer brake controller
opening windows in rear doors
Swivel front seats
Bushwacker fender flairs
Carr steps

Camper components
128 watt roof mounted solar system
Blue sky 2000E MPPT solar charge controller
Xantrex prosine 2.0 inverter
Xantrex battery charger
Dual AGM marine house batteries
Blue sea digital meter 12v circuit board
Espar diesel air furnace
Espar diesel hydronic heater
Isotherm 6 gallon dual heat exchanger hot water heater
One coil is fed by the van engine and the other is fed by the espar
Isotherm cruise 85 12v fridge/freezer with ASU option
Princess marine dual cooktop with external (under the van) mounted removeable
aluminium marine propane tank
Color matched awning with custom body mounts (no holes drilled in body)
29 gallon on board water storage
rear under floor storage
Rear shower and portapottie storage (not in the galley!)

I bought the van new from SMB with the cab done (front leather seats etc), 4x4, top and some windows installed. I did the rest of the interior myself. I spoke with them at the time about espar diesel appliances and they did not want to use them. I had seen numerous sportspmobiles and thought that many improvements could be made. I felt the cabinets could be lighter. The electrical system could be better. The appliances could be better quality. The bed could be wider. Interior storage could be better. Fresh water holding capacity could be better. This is what I set out to do with this van.

The interior is laid out like a VW westfalia with a forward facing rear seat that folds into a bed (OE sportsmobile). The seat has seat belts for three persons but this would only work with children. Two adults pretty much take up the seat. The galley is on the left with the fridge behind the drivers seat. The cabinets are constructed of 1/8th" birch plywood held together with fiberglass tape and west systems
epoxy. This is a pretty standard construction method for boats. The cabinets are very light, strong and waterproof (no rotting etc). They also don't have screws or nails to come loose or rattle.

Included with the van is a separate accessory sportsmobile power top lifter. Also included is a custom color matched exterior cab cover made by Jonce upholstery that covers the windshield and front door windows. It has bug screens built in so you can roll down the front windows for some extra ventilation while you are camping.

Also included is a very organized folder with owners manuals and receipts for all appliances and accessories used in the build as well as all service history and fuel log since new.

It comes with the box that mounts on the rear of the Aluminess bumper but it's currently removed while some minor repairs are being done to it. There are a few minor things that need finishing. I never really drove the van at night so I never installed any driving lights but I have some that will be included with the van. It also needs to have the thermostate for the espar hydronic heater hooked up. I never finished this as we never stayed in the same spot for more than one night. With daily driving the engine operation will give you all the hot water you will need. Half the fun of owning a rig like this is doing stuff to it so there will be a couple items for the new owner to take finish. I may try to finish up some of this in the next week or so, like the espar hydronic heater.

Offered at 59,900.00
Located in Santa Barbara, California

Feel free to call 805-689-2651 or email me at jammyauto@hotmail.com

Seth Hatfield

Last edited:

jammyauto

Adventurer
IMG_3553.JPG
IMG_3537.JPG
IMG_3543.JPG
IMG_3549.JPG

jammyauto

Adventurer
The water tank holds 29 gallons. It's directly between the rear wheel wells behind the back seat so the weight is directly over the rear axel. The hot water heater holds 6 gallons. So that's a total of 35 gallons. When the vehicle is being driven it's heating the water in the tank up to engine operating temp so about 200 deg F. It's got a mixing valve to bring that down to domestic hot water temps so you get more than 6 gallons of hot water out of the tank if that makes sense.

Yes the 6.0 is stock and it is completely stock except for the addition of a coolant filter in the coolant supply line to the hot water heater. BTW when I installed the heater I did it right by buying the factory hoses and heat shields for a passenger van with rear heater rather than just cut in and install a plastic tee and a bunch of hose clamps. Significantly more time and $$ to do it this way but much cleaner and more importantly far less likely to develop a leak because it's rubbing somewhere it should not be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger