SOLD

juicebox

Adventurer
Alright, apologies for this being long and drawn out... I just want to be thorough and give you a good idea of the history of this vehicle. :coffee::)

Basics....

2002 Toyota Tacoma
Low Miles (about 92,050)
Extended Cab
Manual Transmission
4x4
TRD package(E-locker)
SR5 package
LIMITED package (What makes it a "limited", you ask? I don't know, color matched, and sunroof maybe?)
Asking sale pending, open to offers. No trades, I just bought another vehicle. as of 03/03/14. Still only 92,050 miles on it.

D49E3831-0AF7-431A-9DF8-C017E64F214D_zpsh42ryjfp.jpg

DF5B1995-071F-4FD1-9318-CD46236395A0_zpsyrqo0w4p.jpg

215E9876-B8A0-46C2-BCDF-84F12D796F7A_zpsbzgiyaqi.jpg

[URL=http://s242.photobucket.com/user/Moose_juicebox/media/933A6EA8-00D2-49D8-BE81-E75D8E6E8C7A_zpscyuhozrz.jpg.html]
933A6EA8-00D2-49D8-BE81-E75D8E6E8C7A_zpscyuhozrz.jpg
[/URL]

Here you can see the Scion head unit, where I trimmed in the upper left corner. That little green switch at the bottom is for the Hella 700FF The shift knob is from a Subaru with tons of miles, I have the original Tacoma shift knob in great shape.

ScanGaugeII is in my new truck and is not included anymore.
E9D62DBF-2C89-42DF-A05A-6FBF0AFAEC21_zpswvcyravw.jpg

Pretty clean inside...

9EBCB465-5716-4000-89F3-4C9A769561E4_zpsbwehxtev.jpg

IMG_6369_zpsd24caf5d.jpg

IMG_3494_zpsb7ca07fc.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3158.jpg

IMG_3165.jpg

Suspension and lift:

Front suspension is OME 881 coils on BILSTEIN 5100 adjustable shocks.
Rear suspension is the Wheeler's 3-leaf AAL progressive pack. Bilstein 5125 rear shocks.
I also added a 4crawler 1" body lift. I was really on the fence about this, but I do love it. There are some fringe benefits to it too, that little bit of extra space between the body and frame makes changing the oil filter a breeze.

Wheels and tires:

33x10.50x15 BFG KM2's. I have 5 on 15x8 Wheeler's steelies and rotate the 5th in. They probably have 15,000 or less between the 5 of them.
I love this setup. It drives nice 75mph down the freeway, no shakes or wobbles and tracks straight.
The Wheeler steelies have been painted with Duplicolor Hammered Finish spray paint. I'm pretty sure it's just the black color, but comes out really awesome, like dark charcoal-bronze. My bumpers and sliders are painted with this paint also.

Armor:

Trail-gear low-profile front bumper, with hoop and top plate welded on (by yours truly :coffee:)
Back bumper is also by Trail Gear.
Sliders are Demello bolt-ons.

Various mods:

Pioneer head unit from Scion TC (iPod integration, I believe it also has satellite radio capabilities. It is also a color-changing unit, so you can customize it to match the factory lighting. (Not a perfect match, but the stock tacoma head unit wasn't either.) I had to dremel the plastic a little to make this fit. It doesn't look horrible, I'll get close up photos when I can.

Hi-lift jack mount welded in to bed. Also, RTT rack/bed rack mount holes are drilled... I'd be willing to negotiate including the RTT, rack and Hi-Lift jack with the truck.

Husky floor liners in the front. OEM floormats in the back.

WheelSkins Leather-wrapped steering wheel. It's definitely showing it's age, but it makes the steering wheels ergonomics much better. It was one of the first things I did to the truck, so it's been on the steering wheel since somewhere around 31k mileage. I'd imagine the steering wheel under the leather looks new.

Hella 700FF mounted to the top plate of the front bumper, switch located in a factory knock-out under ashtray.

Sears Platinum Battery... I'm not sure which size, I'll have to look. It's bigger than OEM though. I want to say it's about 3 years old. It was expensive, like $230.

TrueFlow re-usable air filter. Nice quality product. I always give it a clean about every oil change. (really whenever it's starting to get dirty, but that's usually around oil change time.)

Rear diff breather mod, vent top is located just inside the gasoline filler door.

I also have Trail Gear frame reinforcement plates, not welded on, but are included in the sale.

The front windows are tinted 50%, all the rest are OEM.

The good history...

Maintenance:

I always changed the oil with full synthetic every 3500-5000 miles (5K tops, I only drive about 7,500/year, so I do it in spring and fall)

Having done tons of research on what oil to use, (mostly on BobIsTheOilGuy.com) I decided on this...
For the first couple years I ran Mobil1 5w-30 full synthetic. Switched to Penzoil Platinum 5w-30 full synth around 60K, I've been running that ever since. I may have changed it once or twice with a different brand of full synth, but I mainly stuck to those two brands. Napa Gold filters used (WIX)

Lubed undercarriage zerks with mobil1 black moly.

I changed the spark plugs within the last 10K or so, I believe I used Denso (oem) plugs on both sides and NKG wires.

Brake pads were changed about 7K ago, they're Akebono and perfect. No wobbles or uneven braking.

History...

I bought this from the original owner from Temecula in September of 2006 with 30,505 miles on it. He was in his mid 60's and semi-retired software company CEO. He had this truck, an older Ferrari, an FJ cruiser and a VW r32. He bought this truck for working in his small avacado grove on his property. He would do it as a hobby, and he basically used the truck to drive through the rows, load up the truck, and take sell them at the farmers market on the weekends. He got it repainted when I bought it, and unfortunately the paint job isn't amazing... When I was on the phone with him working out the deal, he told me it was in the shop getting the tree scratches fixed. They talked him in to a full paint job because he said some of the scratches were through the clear coat. :( I told him I'd just take it as-is, scratches and all for $500 less, but he said he had already paid them. I asked him if there were any dents that they would have put bondo on, (My old truck had bondo cracks all over it, rusting from the inside out a few years after I bought it, so I didn't want to deal with that again.) He assured me there were absolutely no dents that they were fixing, just scratches.

About a year ago, a guy hit me. The only damage is a palm-sized dent on the front driver's side fender and a broken side marker light. We were both going out of a neighborhood turning on to main street. He was already at the intersection waiting to turn left, I pulled up on his right to turn right. I guess he didn't see me, decided at the last minute to turn the wheel right and jam on the gas. I honked but he was a split second too late getting on the brakes. He hit me only going about 3 mph. The cops weren't called and he admitted fault and apologized. His insurance claimed that it was 50% my fault because I wasn't in a designated turn lane. (There were none) Even though as I approached him, with his blinker indicating he was turning LEFT, it was half my fault... They told me when I'm in that situation again, stay behind the person until they are out of the way. :mad:

Insurance... :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

juicebox

Adventurer
Bump! I'm in Thailand now and seeing a lot of awesome expo hilux and cruisers! I'll take more pictures when I get home around the 20th.

juicebox

Adventurer
No, 90k maintenance has not been done. I was just about to order the parts when I found my new tacoma. I have been keeping an eye on the belt for cracks and wear, and the water pump for weeping, both looked good last time I checked. (~3000 miles ago.)

juicebox

Adventurer
Price drop to $13K... This is a great deal for someone that wants a low mileage truck that doesn't care if it wins any beauty pageants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger