SOLD

SkiWill

SOLD

Up for sale is my 2012 Land Rover LR4 HSE LUX in Fuji White with black interior. It’s the top end trim which means it has the premium double stitched leather, heated front and rear seats, built in rear seat TVs, heated steering wheel, heated windshield etc. It has approximately 99,800 miles but is still being driven so mileage is going up. This has been my family hauler and backcountry camping vehicle for the past five years. I just returned from several hundred miles of touring through the San Rafael Swell, Goblin Valley, etc. towing my tear drop trailer and the vehicle performed very well.

I have made a number of very significant upgrades to make it an excellent backcountry touring and camping vehicle including:

• 5 18” Compomotive wheels with 265/65R18 Cooper AT/3 load range E light truck tires with about 40% tread left.
  • Frontrunner drawer system.
  • Frontrunner fridge slide that can fit up to a 55 liter Dometic Fridge or a Yeti Tundra 65 cooler, neither the fridge nor the cooler is included.
  • Hood mounted solar which can charge both the 100 AH lithium internally heated “house” battery as well as the vehicle starting battery.
  • DC-DC charger to allow the “house” battery to charge with the engine running on cloudy days.
  • Power ports for a fridge as well as iPads, GPS, phones, whatever…
  • Tactical 4x4 front bumper with Warn EVO VR10S winch. Bumper was metalized and then painted so much better corrosion protection than powder coating.
  • Tactical 4x4 rear bumper with spare tire and 5 gallon jerry can swing outs.
  • Eezi-Awn load bars.
  • Eezi-Awn Blade hard shell roof top tent which can store two sleeping bags when shut. This makes it so much more convenient than most RTTs.
  • Frontrunner rear ladder so you don’t have to mess with another ladder to access the RTT.
  • Safari Guard hippo hitch.
  • GAP ID BT Diagnostic Tool.
  • 2 Trail’d 6 gallon tanks that fit in the spare wheel location underneath. They’ve only had water in them.
Maintenance:
  • Replaced front lower control arms w/ all new bushings at about 77,000 miles.
  • New rotors and pads on all four corners about 10,000 miles ago.
  • Oil changes every 5-6k miles.
  • New water pump, cross over pipes, thermostat and coolant at about 90,000 miles 1 year ago.
  • New transmission fluid 1,000 miles ago and new metal pan so you can change the filter without having to drop the entire exhaust, crossmember, and one motor mount.
  • New differential fluid front and rear 500 miles ago.
  • Transfer case fluid was also changed at recommended interval.
  • New front struts and sway bar end links 500 miles ago.
  • I have receipts for all work completed.
  • New Oetiker clamps to resolve CV joint weep last 5 miles.
  • New heated windshield installed using Pilkington (OEM) glass.
  • Installed a new valve block and o-rings on voss fittings. Air suspension doesn't droop overnight and functions 100%.
  • No fluid leaks that I’m aware of. Yes, you read that correctly.

Stuff to be aware of:

• It’s a 12 year old vehicle. If you think you’re going to have brand new Corolla reliability, it’s not going to happen. If you’re willing to go through the vehicle every year and complete the required service, odds are in your favor of having a good experience.
  • One of the parking sensors got crunched, but I disabled the sensors anyway because they would always alarm with the swing outs. Have a new sensor.
  • 2/3 Garage door buttons broke and I haven’t replaced them since it’s a $1k part and it doesn’t matter to me.
  • 3rd row seats have been removed for storage under the drawers. I have them, but some of the plastic release latches were cracked.
  • This was not parked at the country club. It’s not beat up, but it does have some sratches and a few small dents here and there. It was used as a Land Rover should be used.

It drives tight and tracks true and has the potential to be a great adventure vehicle for the right owner. The only reason I’m selling is because it has excellent 4x4 capabilities which far exceed my needs so we’re moving to an AWD van to have more interior space. I’m sure I’ll regret selling it, but I can’t really justify a 4x4 Sprinter and this since I can’t drive both simultaneously.

Asking $18,000 in Salt Lake City, UT

IMG_4954.jpeg
IMG_4955.jpeg
IMG_4956.jpeg
IMG_4957.jpeg
IMG_4958.jpeg
IMG_4959.jpeg
IMG_4960.jpeg
IMG_4961.jpeg
IMG_4962.jpeg

Last edited:

mtaylo32

Awesome truck! Had an '11, but metropolitan edition. Traded mine in with 160,000 miles, super reliable and easy to maintain. Love your modifications! GLWS, someone will be very happy!

Last edited:

SkiWill

Just replaced the old CV boot clamps with new Oetiker boot clamps. This thing is ready to adventure. Fly into SLC, enjoy spring (the best season) in Utah canyon country on your trip home.

SkiWill

Brand new windshield being installed Wednesday the 17th of April. This is a well maintained and cared for vehicle with a very useful build.

Great rig. It's refreshing to see a grounded seller that understands what they're selling and what the market will bear. GLWTS. I'd be all over this if I wasn't knee deep in my son's build.

SkiWill

Great rig. It's refreshing to see a grounded seller that understands what they're selling and what the market will bear. GLWTS. I'd be all over this if I wasn't knee deep in my son's build.

Thank you. It's a terrific vehicle and has never left me anywhere since I keep up on all maintenance. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere and have done so throughout my ownership.

Just installed a new front valve block and o-rings on the voss fittings. Took about 45 minutes and no more slight sag overnight.

New windshield is in using OEM Pilkington glass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12