Somebody please talk me out of this...

SLOwag

Adventurer
I'm not an expert on Jeeps, but I believe that one is a '64....don't know how long the grill looked like that.

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
plans changed - if it passes my mechanic's inspection tomorrow and the monetary dealings work out, it'll be in my hands soon!!!!

and a little secret - i prefer the later grille.

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
I'd say hold out for the ultra-rare extra cab shortbed version, Jeep was way ahead of the curve on the concept of "more passengers/tiny bed area".......

- Russell
Ps it's not photo chop, it's Photoshop, a registered trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated.

vengeful

Explorer
Photoshop - n - Image rendering and editing program produced by Adobe Systems.

Photochop - v - The act of using Adobe Photoshop to alter or create an image.

:):victory:

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
thanks for the x-cab pic, but I think I'll keep it original :p

more pix:
DSCF2103.JPG

DSCF2110.JPG

DSCF2132.JPG

DSCF2133.JPG

mike h

Adventurer
I like those bumpers - they look solid, simple, and fit the truck well. Ditch those weak nerfs and make a set of sliderz to match?

m.

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
Vengeful - "Photoshop/photo chop" - ya got me there. I'm such a slave to temptation in altering photos like that. Speaking of classic Jeeps and Blazer Chalets, check out this auction (lots of pics, might be slow to load): http://vanderbrinkauctions.com/items/details.asp?ID=208&ItemType=AUCTION&ShowAllPhotos=True

The 6th pic is a Jeepster, scroll further down the page for a lone pic of the Chalet (which unfortunately had its pop up roof blown off, notice the rope over the top), then there's more pics of it further down. Look through the whole bunch, there's another CJ, and a Willys pickup, plus a bunch of other projects everybody needs to be talked out of....

Full disclosure note: I don't receive a dime for promoting this auction, just wondering if somebody in the Nebraska area could get the serial number of the Chalet off the little plate near the back door (they haven't responded to my email request for that)..... and to give a good home to it and the other projects!

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Those weak nerfs are actually made of exhaust tubing. I laughed my ass off when I realized that... I've been frequenting BJ's offroad, and the prices are incredible to someone whose only real options for offroad gear generally including shipping from Australia

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Nobody talked me out of it, so I went ahead and bought it. It's in way better shape than I was expecting and I get a wonderful amount of guilty pleasure out of opening up that 360 and letting the glasspacks do their (no)thing.

Just FYI - most of the reliability problems with the 360 were for the later ones when they were saddled with a bunch of extra stuff. This one is nice and simple, and the pointless dizzy makes it a lot easier and more reliable. The slushbox is weird to me, as are the unboosted brakes, but I'm getting used to them. I also get better mileage than expected - though 12-14 is far from good, it's not all that far from my BMW. Oh, and it's wired for a second gas tank :D

It will never be an expedition rig, but it's hard to beat for weekend cruising and some mud play... and (silicon valley folk will understand this one) I haven't been cut off ONCE in a week of driving!

postpurchase images...
IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I confess.........

I did not read this whole thread.

But I see that BK bought this beautiful Jeep!

BK...........I think you made a wonderful choice!

A 4 Inch Lift........36" tires.....a Rear locker.........and this thing will go anywhere!

And LOOK!..........you could even put a tent on top and you have not even started yet!

I've even been looking for these older Jeeps for my son and myself!

Now just how could I find one, .........in say.............Diesel>?!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Trails to you!....................:26_13_1:

jim65wagon

BKCowGod said:
and it's wired for a second gas tank :D
It will never be an expedition rig,
OMG! Why not?!

Wired for a second tank, 4wd, already has a rack for a tent, add sliders and a winch and it's quite possibly the perfect expeditionary vehicle!

RedDog

Explorer
Great find! I love those J trucks. When I was a kid in the 60's there seemed to be one in every other farm yard.

Tonka trucks were mentioned. A guy in Michigan did his '65 up like the toy - complete with decal on the door.

SanbornTrucks500.jpg

I still have my similar blue Tonka model with horse trailer and here's my Tonka CJ from a book case in my den.

TonkaJeep.jpg

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
I just can't justify a 12mpg expedition rig, and it's a bit touchy mechanically, and VERY loud even without the glasspacks. Air conditioning and other luxuries... I may build it up to be vintage expo, but I would never take it some of the places I've taken the 'zoo.

Then again, it IS possible to drop a diesel in there :D

Oh, and the license plate choices are down to '72 TONKA' or 'DISCRET'

kcowyo

ExPo Original
If you don't have any plans for the rack, why not pull it off and see if you recoup a mile or two per gallon?

The paint in your photos looks better than in the first set of pics. The bench looks in good shape too. I bet the V8 is fun to drive after being used to the 'Zuk.

So where's the shop-rag gas cap? ;)

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
rack is for sale if anybody wants it!

The gas filler was relocated, but the P.O. left the old hole. I'm trying to think of something creative to do.

hehe - looking at the side view: can't beat that approach angle, though the departure angle leaves something to be desired. Amazingly, it's just about the same wheelbase as my 'zoo, just with a foot of fat sticking out the back...
IMG_1138.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179