Sounds like Stellantis is on the right path.

Are there triggered grandpa’s, upset about Japanese cars, throwing shade in the Toyota forums?

Seems like much of the traffic here is disingenuous, many just wanting to kick a puppy. The reason for you starting this thread was to slight EVs, to insist that combustion was still needed as a crutch. Stellantis has no problem selling BEVs in other parts of the world.

The EV transition will happen, irregardless of a loud minority with change anxiety yelling into the void to get off their lawn.

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
Are there triggered grandpa’s, upset about Japanese cars, throwing shade in the Toyota forums?

Seems like much of the traffic here is disingenuous, many just wanting to kick a puppy. The reason for you starting this thread was to slight EVs, to insist that combustion was still needed as a crutch. Stellantis has no problem selling BEVs in other parts of the world.

The EV transition will happen, irregardless of a loud minority with change anxiety yelling into the void to get off their lawn.
IMG_0153.jpeg

crazysccrmd

Observer
Haven't you guys read the last couple pages?
The world is dying and those of us who haven't gone EV are doing the killing! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I actually owned a Rivian right after my TRX. Super fast, very capable, great at towing with the massive amount of instant torque. Just kinda soulless performance in comparison though.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
I actually owned a Rivian right after my TRX. Super fast, very capable, great at towing with the massive amount of instant torque. Just kinda soulless performance in comparison though.

And just like every other EV truck already on the streets, it doesn't get near rivian reported range, empty or towing, that's the hindrance to many buyers.

crazysccrmd

Observer
And just like every other EV truck already on the streets, it doesn't get near rivian reported range, empty or towing, that's the hindrance to many buyers.

It actually did meet both stated ranges for towing and normal driving. All around an excellent truck other than the towing range (125 miles with my 7000lb travel trailer). I’d buy an electric all day everyday over my current 3500 diesel if it could go 300 miles while towing and charge in less than 30 minutes.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole

Other parts of the world may have more charging stations much closer than America has.

To get to Idaho city, Idaho is almost 300 miles, with my suburban I can make it to Idaho city nonstop and have over 100 miles left in the tank, my neighbor with a model s needs 2 stops to get just to boise, gawd forbid an accident that shuts down US95.

Just because you have some delusion that full EV adoption is coming to the masses here, doesn't mean that it is going to happen anytime in the near future.

Many, many of us need more range, both towing and empty, and I for one am not going to buy any EV that makes me take time out of my travel day to sit at multiple charging systems.

And I started this thread to show that at least one manufacturer understands the limitation of the current crop of EV's and even the PHEV's available, prius's do not tow heavy loads.

Last edited:

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
It actually did meet both stated ranges for towing and normal driving. All around an excellent truck other than the towing range (125 miles with my 7000lb travel trailer). I’d buy an electric all day everyday over my current 3500 diesel if it could go 300 miles while towing and charge in less than 30 minutes.

And therein lies the problem.

You had better mileage with the rivian than car and driver did.

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
The future for heavy transport is green hydrogen / fuel cell / electric.
This company will make its own hydrogen from solar to power its bus fleet. Refueling time is similar to diesel.
"Our hydrogen fuel cell electric buses will have roughly the same range [as a diesel bus], it'll take about 10 minutes to fuel a bus, and it'll have about 800 kilometres in range."
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

The future for heavy transport is green hydrogen / fuel cell / electric.
This company will make its own hydrogen from solar to power its bus fleet. Refueling time is similar to diesel.
"Our hydrogen fuel cell electric buses will have roughly the same range [as a diesel bus], it'll take about 10 minutes to fuel a bus, and it'll have about 800 kilometres in range."
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome
Oof

Provenance?

ThundahBeagle

The real fun will be when this escapes the 1/2 ton and goes into 1ton/5500 territory. A little extra battery, smaller generator ICE and boom, imagine crawling a 2 track in silence while you enjoy all the comforts of home at camp.
The numbers are really already k2500 territory, though, aren't they?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger