Source for 1 Gallon Metal Jerry Cans

Robin Masters

Does anyone here know of a source for 1 gallon metal "NATO style" Jerry cans?

Some time ago someone either here or on ih8mud posted a link to Cheaper Than Dirt where they were selling some surplus 1 gallon cans, but that was some time ago.

Thanks for any leads.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Does anyone here know of a source for 1 gallon metal "NATO style" Jerry cans?

Some time ago someone either here or on ih8mud posted a link to Cheaper Than Dirt where they were selling some surplus 1 gallon cans, but that was some time ago.

Thanks for any leads.
I've seen 20L/5Gal and 10L/2.5Gal jerry cans but not a 1 gallon nato can.

Robin Masters

More info...

Thanks. What I'm looking for may be more accurately called a "5 liter Oil can" so just a bit more than 1 US gallon. I've only seen them a few times and each time they were Czech military surplus. I'll attach a picture from this link where they were apparently sold at one time but are currently out of stock.
http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=365207

Attachments

• 5L_oil_can.JPG
    5L_oil_can.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Robin Masters

Looks new?

Thanks for finding that. It looks brand new, I assume it is? I actually like the handle design of the military surplus can that I posted a picture of (looks like the handle would somewhat protect the spout) but a brand new can would be nice....

Thanks again!

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
If you're not in a hurry they come and go at sportsmans guide and cheaper than dirt. That's where I got mine.

Robin Masters

I appreciate the info. I might wait a bit and see what pops up on CTD and Sportsman's because the can from roverparts will be $36 with shipping. I want one of these cans but that is a bit high for a 5L can.

BIGGUY

Adventurer
can

Deutsche Optik has the 5 gallon, 2.5 gallon, and 1.25 gallon sizes, new, for sale. They also have gaskets and spouts. Here is a list of the cans, gaskets, and spouts.

http://www.deutscheoptik.com/catalog/shopping_cart.php

If by chance the link doesn't work right, the stuff is listed in the military/tools section. Baby 5 liter, Junior 10 liter, NATO 20 liter, BW jerry can gaskets, and stainless jerry can spout.

Robin Masters

Many Thanks

Thanks to all for the leads. I can't believe that I missed the 5L can on Deutsche Optik, I was on that site not that long ago...

Robin Masters

I have a pair of those that I use to tote fuel for my Yamaha 1000w generator. Great little can, and Atlantic British shipped them pretty quick.

The new ones will dry up eventually...

Glad to hear a positive note from someone with one. The Atlantic British can and the "Baby Jerry Can" on DO look a lot alike, but I like the price on the Atlantic British can a bit better. (Can + shipping = less than the DO can before shipping)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears