Spare parts for ARB

bad luck

Observer
I am going to have an ARB locker installed in my Dana 30 on my xj. And I don't know much about them. What if any spare parts are recommended to carry for it? Thanks, I looked for the information elsewhere, but had no luck in finding it.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I wouldn't be too worried about carrying parts for the carrier itself, if in the rare instance you do have a failure, your going to need to pull the axle apart, access damage and order the needed parts. ARB USA has a good parts supply. I may consider carrying a set of o-rings for the seal housing and a bulkhead fitting kit. Beyond that, I would carry spare blue line and a splice kit, ARB offers a really nice packaged kit that comes with line, a double ended push-lock splice and some bulkhead fitting parts, part# ASK001.

mbryson

Observer
A lot of guys would carry a spare solenoid in addition to the splice kit Kurt mentioned. I did and never used it in the 5 years I ran a rig with ARBs. I'm just getting my ARBs installed in my JKU and Kurt is an excellent source for anything ARB (not just Toyota ARB stuff :D). I still think I'll carry a spare solenoid and the splice kit. The trick with ARB lines is running them logically. Chafing and keeping them tucked in places that they won't get snagged is the idea for success in the air lines.

Moab 4x4 Outpost has been good to me in the past. I've not had to use their services for a few years but they do have a good reputation.

MtnClimber

Ready To Explore!
A friend of mine has a 98 XJ w/a ARB in his trussed D30. He's had to replace the seal housing multiple times. He only runs 34x10.5's and barely uses the front locker. I'd also recommend the ARB HD line kit and save the factory blue line for spare. Just food for thought.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
ARBs are bulletproof. If they are set up / installed right I really can't imagine you having issues - but always good to be prepared!

To prevent chafing, consider sleeving the blue line in a fuel line. Much more stout.

If you carry a CO2 tank, consider adding a port to hook your CO2 tank up to the system in event of a compressor failure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78