Special Edition Disco?

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
OK Landie guys,
I spotted a yellow with a flat black stripe down the hood Disco sitting at one of the not-too-far-away auction houses a couple weeks ago. I have a connection that may have accessto it. I didn't get a pic of it though seeing I was going @ 70 in some pretty good traffic. It didn't look to be in bad shape but that was a 70 mph look too.
What is it exactly? It appeared to be a special edition of some sorts. Maybe Camel Trohpy or something?

Wander

Expedition Leader
Was the stripe more of a black square covering the center portion of the hood?

If so might be a Disco XD which was a special edition and also yellow.

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Camel Trophy is Tan, with large green Camel decals.
G4s NAS are tangiers orange for the disco.

Gol0810130791-1-001.jpg

26730610001_large.jpg

Both XD's top one has some other graphics on it.

-Sam

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Was the stripe more of a black square covering the center portion of the hood?

If so might be a Disco XD which was a special edition and also yellow.

That sounds about right.

Camel Trophy is Tan, with large green Camel decals.
G4s NAS are tangiers orange for the disco.

Gol0810130791-1-001.jpg

26730610001_large.jpg

Both XD's top one has some other graphics on it.

-Sam

I don't think it had that much black on it but similar.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I might have to take a drive down that way tomorrow and see if it is still there. Normally I HATE yellow but thoe do look pretty cool.

Do they tend to come with all the goodies like lockers?

revor

Explorer
It's basically a stripped version of a standard disco with cloth seats and yellow paint.. Nothing special in the driveline the only cool part aside from being pretty rare is there are no holes in the roof aside from the alpine windows. Oh and they have a front skid plate (I have one for sale)
If you don't bag it toss the potential at me I might be interested. Heck I've got one.. If I get another maybe they'll breed!

Hey Revor, the one here in town is nearing it's "sell by" date.

It's totally as delivered...well except the rusty bits.

It's owner is back in town Friday....I'll send you his contact info.

lake_bueller

Observer
OK Landie guys,
I spotted a yellow with a flat black stripe down the hood Disco sitting at one of the not-too-far-away auction houses a couple weeks ago. I have a connection that may have accessto it. I didn't get a pic of it though seeing I was going @ 70 in some pretty good traffic. It didn't look to be in bad shape but that was a 70 mph look too.

If the body is in good condition, I might be interested. My current SD has a great motor and interior but the body is falling apart. I have some time to drive over to pick something up after this weekend.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
If the body is in good condition, I might be interested. My current SD has a great motor and interior but the body is falling apart. I have some time to drive over to pick something up after this weekend.

I am hoping to take a drive down there this afternoon. I will post up if it is still there.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
The XDs were available in many different graphic packages applied by the individual dealers. All Land Rover Special Vehicles were stock except for paint colours and kit added, from the CTs to XDs to TReKs- their logic was that nothing additional was required, and wanted to showcase the abilities of every Rover... Check our website for some Special Vehicle trucks, under the for sale and sold icons. Cheers

pangaea

Adventurer
Did you catch if it was a D1 or a D2. A D2 could have been a Kalahari. The show truck reveal looked like this:

01-ny-as_25_717.jpg

But most hit the street looking more like this:

2.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger