spec's mercedes 1222 LF 16 AF

SALLHAMv8

I'm looking where to find the spec's of the different firetrucks made by Mercedes.

I do know about the OM352 A in the 1017, 1113.
What engine you may find in the 1222? It's a 10.8 ltr, 216 hp. What is the OM number and the amount of cylinders?

The 1019 doesn't have necessarily the OM 352 A engine?

I know after a long search that the 1222 AF doka has a overall length of 7.2 mtr with a wheelbase of 3.6 mtr. What is the cabin length and cell length?

Can someone tell me, or even better guide me to the useful site for it?

thanks J.

jkmonkey

Hi J ,
I am also looking into a 1222 fire engine and was wondering where to find similar info as google hasn't been helpful, for us the Doka would work well with a smaller box, the roller shutters and over engineered slide outs could be useful, I was wondering if the pumps could be sold on?
I was dreaming about 1226 fire engine that looked nice but again now info on the V8 durability, economy and parts availability,
Luckly my father is now living in germany where these are based so hopefully the next road trip will have our chassis sorted
D

Last edited:

SALLHAMv8

After long hours of research I have below compiled list of knowledge about the mercedes ng.

To my knowledge most of the mercedes engines are well engineered. The 1017 is a bit strangely geared, making it slow @ given RPM's. The 1017 is an OM 352 engine, thus old. I try to go more up on the scale.

In 1973, the "New Generation" heavy trucks «NG» have been presented. It had a modular design with tilt cabs. The NG range included different models from "1424" to "2632", equipped with 240-320 hp engines. Later a V6 192 hp engine with 9.5 ltr was added (1019). Since 1979 some trucks were equipped with ABS for the first time. The range consisted of 2 and 3-axle trucks with GVW of 16-22 tons.

In 1980, the family has been upgraded. The upgraded trucks received fairings on either side of a grille. There was also a new higher and wider cabin for long haul transportation. The new V8 engine with 14.6 ltr now has a 280 (like the 1428) or 330 hp, and with turbocharger 375 hp. Also a V10 18.3 liter 355 hp engine was introduced. This engine with a turbocharger had a 500 hp. Such engines were used on special heavy truck tractors.

The less powerful was the V6 engine (10.8 ltr) with an output of 216 hp (1222, ). In 1985 he a new electronically controlled transmission, a new version of V8 354 hp diesel engine and EDR system were presented.

Neil

Observer
I too am looking for a MB Truck.

It does all get a bit messy but my re search has led me to believe that for world wide travel, getting parts , the straight 6 cyl engines appear to be better.

Such as the OM 352 or OM 366.

Then you have the added variations such as Turbo and Intercooler on the 366. this gives a range of between 130 BHP and 280 ish. ( Big difference )

You are right about the MB 1017 being slow if you were lucky you can get them with faster Diffs, these tend to me non military ones..

The key to it is the speed shown on the log book. The standard ( slow ones show 87 kmh ) the faster ones show about 95-96.

You can however have the diffs upgraded at cost of about 5000 Euro, then if you add bigger wheels you have a better gearing.

Good luck.

Keep any useful information coming.

Neil

Essex UK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan