Speedometer and Odometer not functioning

MrGalantguy

Mitsubishi Loyalist
Like the title says...both stopped working last Friday going to work. Speedometer would work normally then start the needle would go all over the place on the way to work and when I went to go home it continued to do the same and halfway home it just stopped working all together. I looked through the FSM a little bit this weekend but will have to look a little more but I called Mitsubishi today and they say there is are Vehicle speed sensors on the transmission.

Has anyone had this issue before and how you diagnosed the issue? This is on my 98 Gen 2.5 btw.

Saguache

Adventurer
Like the title says...both stopped working last Friday going to work. Speedometer would work normally then start the needle would go all over the place on the way to work and when I went to go home it continued to do the same and halfway home it just stopped working all together. I looked through the FSM a little bit this weekend but will have to look a little more but I called Mitsubishi today and they say there is are Vehicle speed sensors on the transmission.

Has anyone had this issue before and how you diagnosed the issue? This is on my 98 Gen 2.5 btw.
Very likely the speed sender. Pretty easy part to replace on most vehicles, but I've never had to do it on a MMC

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998