Splitting CV boots

CavTrooper

Observer
Just thought I would ask for some assistance. Installed an OME 2.5" lift kit on my 03 Tacoma. After splitting the passenger side boot I installed the diff drop kit from Total Chaos. Was working fine but now the problem has returned. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

v_man

Explorer
What are your CV angles like now? Pretty mild?

Do you have manual hubs? If not , I would consider manuals an keep them unlocked obviously , that will likely add a lot of life to your CV's...are you running Toyota boots? They make some really thick and sturdy boots in the aftermarket ....

Last edited:

JasonRedwood

Explorer
You can unclamp the boots, stretch them out a bit and reclamp. No personal experience but I hear it extends the life of the boots.

AxleIke

Adventurer
What are your CV angles like now? Pretty mild?

Do you have manual hubs? If not , I would consider manuals an keep them unlocked obviously , that will likely add a lot of life to your CV's...are you running Toyota boots? They make some really thick and sturdy boots in the aftermarket ....

Weakens the CV though (if you swap to a factory Toyota set up, aftermarket may be different)

CavTrooper

Observer
Bought those boots. What a pain, between clamps not being long enough and having to salvage part of the old boot for the install per the intructions. I hope it holds for awhile. Not what I was expecting from my purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman