Sport springs on base model Tacoma?

dumprat

Adventurer
I bought an 08 base model, has the off road Bilstien shocks. I also picked up some 12 TRD sport front coils. They are a larger wire diameter. (.640 vs .685) will this net me any lift on the front?

Going to put some 5100's on the front and wonder if I should set them at .85 or 1.75.

I have the TSB rear spring pack and have 2.75" difference front to rear now. Bumper, which etc to follow and I don't want to get it realigned over and over. Thanks.

Plannerman

Wandering Explorer
If I recall, the difference between the sport and offroad coils is that the sports are a linear spring and the ORs are progressive (or maybe digressive). Either way, they are not likely to provide any noticeably increased ride height.

dumprat

Adventurer
The TRD off road a progressive. The base/sr5 are smaller wire. The sports are supposed to be linear and heavier rate but what I can't find is their installed height.

Base /sr5 are about 10 3/4" installed as measured on the outside front edge at about 2 o'clock, 12 being the very front. I measured mine against a 2015 sr5 on Sunday and they are exactly the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears