Sportsmobile for a family?

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Does Sportsmobile make a configuration that has at least 5 formal traveling seats (i.e. seat belts)?

EMrider

Explorer
Does Sportsmobile make a configuration that has at least 5 formal traveling seats (i.e. seat belts)?

Yep, they can do that. In some of their standar configurations, there are belts for 5-6 passengers, but not all of them are 3 point with a shoulder belt. Some are lap belt only. My EB-51 config has an extra captain's chair so has 4 seats with shoulder belt and 2 with lap only.

It would be pretty easy to have a custom build with 4-5 captain's chairs, but you'd give up some 'living space'. A removable captain's chair is a nice compromise. But they are heavy so not ideal/practical to remove the chair on a high frequency basis.

R

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Hey Scott,
You are welcome to check the Wheelchair Accessible Van for Expeditions anytime you want to get an idea of how 4 captains chairs, and a sofa would work.
I have a removeable seat and made a wheeled base plate to ease getting it in & out...of course in your setup it would stay in all the time.
Sportsmobile.com has a done of pre-laid out designs on there...I used the EB-71 as a starting point.
There is also a do-it-yourself tool that lets you play like it is paper furniture that you can move around.

For a family the extra space of a EB is a must, get a pop top for the sleeping space upstairs and enjoy the heck out of it

dsw4x4

Adventurer
If you want to sleep every one up top and save the lower area for living and seating I can build a pop top for you that will sleep four adults in the top and you can still walk around in the van front to back.
Something like this x2.
IMG_2343.jpg

Derek

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Derek, looks nice. Got some more lager pictures for everyone than what's on your site?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan