Sportsmobile Sprinter 4x4

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
took this in august last year. The owner is a die hard bike rider.
LostCoast016.jpg

AdamK

Every now and again, there is a bust on the new of some unknown Russian (or other) Mafia at a sea port in Montreal or New York, trying to export stolen SUV’s from N America to Russia or some other semi European contrary. Is there some way of contacting these boys to see if they can import some 4x4 Sprinters into this continent??? Hell, I am willing to trade a late model NA SUV, for a late European Sprinter.

p1010264.jpg

Here is another idea, from Russia with love….
And about 20000euros available in your favorite European county.
AdamK

Attachments

• gaz-1010264.jpg
    gaz-1010264.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 21

Scott Brady

Founder
I came across a 4wd Sprinter in Iceland, modified to take 33" tires. It was the transport for a film crew trekking to a volcano. Nice looking truck (sorry, no pictures)

Jonny

Observer
Sprinter 4x4 at the expo

Sportsmobile will have the 2006 4x4 Sprinter on display at the 2011 Overland Expo for those who would like to check it out.

We are very excited for the Expo next month!

See you all there,

Jonny

Jonny

Observer
Sportsmobile Sprinter 4x4 Sold!

Sportsmobile will not have the 4x4 red Sprinter at the Overland Expo.

We have sold the van to some very excited new owners, so the van will not be on display at the Expo.

There will still be plenty of Sportsmobile 4x4 Ford vans to drool over :drool:

-Jonny

AdamK

Totally cool,
I am happy to hear that finally the red 4x4 sprinter will hit the roads,
and if I ever pass it on the open roads or see it at some camp ground, I will smile because I had a chance to sit in it once, ..... and ponder the purchase....
so, so close.......
AdamK

Bikemobile

Adventurer
I grew up in Fresno and I remember driving by the factory on highway 99. I always wanted one. I like the sprinter alot. It seems like a good mix of size, height and features. I think It would be a great work van. So much better ergonomically than that fords and chevys.

haven

Expedition Leader
Stormy, thanks for sharing the link to the Icelandic Sprinter build. Tons of work involved!

EMrider

Explorer
MB confirms 4x4 sprinter for US market?

http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16532

Didn't see any info on this here and figured there might be interest.

I have no idea how to calibrate this, but it seems more credible than anything else I've seen on the topic.

Very good news if true.

A well outfitted MB factory 4x4 sprinter will likely fit my needs very well in 5-10 years.

IMHO, there is some delusion about what this option 'should' cost. My guess is that the incremental cost will be between $10k and $15k.

R

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior