SPOT Connect + Bonus 12V DC Car Adapter - REDUCED!

lbrito

Broverland Expert
REDUCED - $70 Shipped CONUS!
TL;DR: Used but great condition SPOT Connect Custom Text Messenger + Car Adapter (Custom/Exclusive) + Extra Unmodified Backplate + Grip Pads

I've decided not to renew my SPOT service, so up for sale is this used but well cared for SPOT Connect Satellite Messenger. It was a car queen mostly, only taken on a few hikes, so there are no dents or major scratches. There are few very small marks on the device from normal contact with other objects.

This device uses Energizer Lithium Batteries recommended by SPOT in order to ensure the longest life possible at the best transmission strength. However, these are pricey batteries and you can't always find them in stores. To solve this, I built a custom fitted regulator board (See thread here for details: Spot-Messenger-or-Connect-Hardwire-to-12V-Battery-Source )
I'm including this with the SPOT to save you money on batteries over the long run.

WARNING ** with the car adapter, the SPOT is not waterproof **
I will also included an unmodified back plate that I purchased from SPOT in case you want to use outside of car with batteries and retain the water proof function.

Finally, I still have the original 2 pair of grip pads that came with the device. I will include those with purchase as well. (Not pictured).

SPOT1.jpgSPOT2.jpg

Last edited:

lbrito

Broverland Expert
Sorry for the late response. I subscribed to the thread but never got a notification of this message.
The device currently does not have a subscription attached to it.
Subscription costs for SPOT are outlined here: http://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=103
They vary based on if you choose a monthly plan or a yearly plan, but you can expect something like $10 to $15 a month. I recommend calling in to talk to a person about your specific needs and getting a quote on the phone for the best deal on a service plan if you don't like the basic options listed on the website.
I'll check back on this thread daily since the notifications don't seem to work to answer any other questions.
Thanks for looking!

Could you provide service subscription details pls? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger