Spot Tracking

cruisertoy

Explorer
So I'm a Spot newby. I have used the tracking feature while driving around town a few times. So I have a Shared page set up and it shows where I have been. I am lending the spot out to a friend who is climbing a mountian her in Utah this weekend and he is going to use the tracking feature so I can see where he is. Do you have to start a new shared page in order to start a tracking sequence without it showing all of my around town points? I know in the shared page setup allows for up to 10 different shared pages. Can you specify which page you are sending information to at any given time or does it send the point to every page?

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
You can set up a new profile for this use from your main SPOT profile page if you want. Keep in mind, the share page drop all messages after 7 days so if your local messages will be over 7 days old, they won't be visible on your share page.

Also, if you want different help and 911 contact messages for this trip, you should change those in your profile as well.

Lots of grey area here that I have no experience in so better to dig a little deeper into the profile options to verfy my perception. :sombrero:

cruisertoy

Explorer
Tuscon,
Thanks for the reply. We went in and changed his help message and email list. Since the messages are dropped after 7 days, is there a way to save all the information in a seperate location so that it can be reviewed for later trips? I have looked through the website and found very little information on how to manage the data after the trip is over. I am going to the OR show on friday and will talk to the SPOT people then, but my buddy is heading out before the show. Someone needs to make a SPOT for Dummies book. Thanks again for the help.

mobilguy66

Cruisertoy, I'm with you.... Please post your findings from the show if /when you get time. I tried to change profiles and got a "must use a different emergency contact number" message. I got frustrated and gave up for now. We have the Eastern Sports Show here in PA. coming up and I'll hit the booth as well. I am going to do a lot of traveling this year so it will be interesting to have. Paul

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan