Spring Center Measurement for the M416

rubicon789

Observer
Do any of you remember the spring center measurement on the M416. I am at work and left it at home. I think it was 39 1/4''... Can anyone confirm before I place my order today?

rubicon789

Observer
Thanks. I thought it was that, but then found out Dexter will not rate the Axle at 3500 with that much leverage on the axle.

They suggested I go from a 2 1/2'' tube to a 3'' which will then rate it at 3500lbs. I just wanted to confirm my measurements.

Inkog

Observer
Thats good to know, as I plan to order mine in about 2 weeks. I take it your going with dexter for the parking break feature also?

rubicon789

Observer
Not really. I didn't get the brakes, It was an extra expense and I didn't want to spend it now. It is currently going to be behind a Rubicon, but I think it will soon find a home behind something bigger like a Grand Cherokee or Commander. So I didn't think I needed to shell out the extra cash at this time. If I choose to do it later I will have wasted like $80-100 bucks. Right now I think I will be fine w/o brakes.

Inkog

Observer
What hub face measurement did you go with?

FYI, I've read that the stock Jeep wheels don't fit these hubs and spacers are required. I hadn't concidered this before and will have to do some more research before I pick mine up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998