springs for mount?

dvorocks

Adventurer
Looking to build body mount with springs so the chasis can flex. Does anyone have a source? Ive looked at numereous compression springs but not sure which would be best. I'm going to have 8 mounts

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
No idea about suppliers in the US, but before contacting any spring company you will need to determine some parameters first.
I will start by saying that there is no "one size fits all" solution here. You need to have an idea of the weight of your camper body, how much separation you want to allow between the chassis and subframe when it flexes and the basic dimensions of the springs you want to use.
With that information at hand you can specify the overall spring length, maximum outside diameter or minimum internal diameter, wire size, number of active coils and spring rate.

Karl of Oz

Observer
There are a few manufactures in Australia that use this sort of mounting. All Terrain Warriors are fitting a 6 point sprung mount to my tray, I should have a few photos of the set up soon which I will post on my thread (My new FUSO FGB71 All Terrain Warriors "Universal Warrior" Slide on Mega Camper). When I was looking into this I found a couple of other suppliers use a single mount pinned at one end and sprung at the other.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior