SSF556 Build Up - 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Small update...got the rubber latches in the mail today...I did have to take both platforms back out to install the handles...I installed 2 on each side of the rear platform and 1 in the middle of the front platform. These are great products.

i-k5DrsPk-L.jpg

I found some struts at a woodworking store and those will be in on Monday....

Scott

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Drove from SC to MI loaded with camping gear, 2 people and a 50lb dog. Had the OzTent in the car top carrier.

Mileage was what I was curious about since it was the first big trip with the new GDE Tune, lift and Duratracs.

First part of the trip SC to Georgetown, KY = 21.7 mpg 356 miles/16.4gal

Georgetown, KY to Detroit = 23.8 mpg 314/13.2

Max speed was 72 mph in 70 mph zones....

These are hand calculated, using GPS mileage.

So I am very happy with the fuel economy...

i-BPNCFkV-L.jpg

Last edited:

akahomerjay

Hey, so how did the dynamat work out on the highway? Did it reduce road noise like you had hoped? I am just wondering, because I'm thinking of doing the same to my CRD WK. Also, how do you like your wrangler duratraks overall? If you were to buy new tires today, would you choose them again? (Like your CRD by the way)

Last edited:

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Hey, so how did the dynamat work out on the highway? Did it reduce road noise like you had hoped? I am just wondering, because I'm thinking of doing the same to my CRD WK. Also, how do you like your wrangler duratraks overall? If you were to buy new tires today, would you choose them again? (Like your CRD by the way)

Hey...I believe the DynaMat helps with road noise and just makes the vehicle feel more solid. It is a pricey option so you may want to get other things done first if that makes sense.

DuraTracs are great tires if you can get them balanced....after 3 visits to the tire man I got mine perfect. They took a lot of weight, but that may have to do with the AEV Pintler as well....I would buy them again....perfect combination of aggressive tread and civil behavior on the highway.

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Got some new items in the works....talking with Steve at Front Runner Outfitters about getting a WK specific Slimline 2 roof rack...more details to come.

Plus got some new switches installed today...now I need to buy the ARB air compressor and the rear locker....:elkgrin:

DSC00076.jpg

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
A little bling.....

evazydy8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12