Starting a Gladiator Camper build

Willbilt

I have thought about something very similar after seeing the Down to mob rig. What’s the dimensions of your camper box? Thanks
The box is 66” wide 74” long and 56” tall
Inside should come out to 72” long and 54” height which it about as small as I felt would be comfortable without a pop top. Helps we are short at 5’7” and 5’1”. We should be able to sit on the bed normally near the door

ITTOG

Mostly 1x1x1/16” square tubing. The main braces across the bottom are 1-1/8”x14 ga

I had a Bedrack with a rtt and I am trying to keep this lighter than that setup. Hopefully ?
Going to sheet it with 20 ga sheet metal. Which is 1.5 lbs a sq foot. Luan for the inside walls and foam board insulation.
Nice. I used 1.5" tube, 16 gauge for my build and feel I built a tank instead of a light camper. I wish I would have used 1" tube like you.

I look forward to seeing how you finish all the corners of Luan.

Willbilt

Working on the fridge slide
55918DCE-A5CE-4A43-979E-90041C25907A.jpeg114599C3-5520-40B8-BDF2-F021AE5C0CF5.jpeg
Trying to keep the budget under control
Total so far is around $2500 with a few components left over from my last setup Solar, batteries, fridge, side awning

Ultralite

Adventurer
Absolutely love this. When you go to mount could you let us know what you did to the rear suspension to handle the weight? (Any idea what weight you think you’ll come in at?

Willbilt

Absolutely love this. When you go to mount could you let us know what you did to the rear suspension to handle the weight? (Any idea what weight you think you’ll come in at?

I already have airlift helper bags and I am hoping that is enough but it might need more we will see. I am hoping by removing the bed it helps keep the weight less than my setup with the RTT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan