Starting the Evolution of the 2003 Burb

rasetruscan

The old 2003 Chevrolet Suburban with 250,000 miles (known by the fam as the "Brown Car") has been in a wreck!!! Since returning from the body shop, I have decided to dedicate the burb as my Construction/Hunting/Vacation Overlander!!!

2376_cc0640_001_11U[1].jpg

So far I have orderred a Safari Roof Rack (84" long) and 6 Hella Rallye Lights (4 Cornering Beams, 1 Euro Beam, and 1 Pencil Beam)!

R-S4050-SR-ACC[1].jpg Hella Cornering Beam Lamp.gifHella Euro Beam Lamp.gifHella Cornering Beam Lamp.gif

I would really like to find a ladder for the rear quarter panel! But I'm thinking its' shoes and running boards need to be replaced next!

Should be a fun project! Glad I found the forum!

Robert

Last edited:

justcuz

Explorer
If this is a half ton and you want some heavier springs for the rear, install some H2 Hummer coils. I did this with my 2000 and my autoride shocks quit pumping up all the time while towing or with a load. The autoride compressor is practically silent now. The springs raise the back about 1.5 to 2 inches and will take quite a load. I want to install some 3/4 ton truck torsion bars up front also to even it out. I run 285/75x16 tires on stock aluminum wheels, only had to do a little trim on the front fender liners to avoid rubbing.

rasetruscan

The TRANSFORMATION of the 2003 Burban

Here you go!!!

IMG_3320A.jpg

IMG_3319A.jpg

IMG_3321.jpg
The interior switch locations for the lights. The toggle controls the side mounted spot, the PIAA switches control the roof rack, and the single knob controls the Euro Single Rallye Beam in front.

The "New" 2003 Burban sports the following:
Surco Roof Rack
Spare Mount
Shovel/Axe
High Lift Jack
4 PIAA 520 SMR Series Driving Lights
Hella 4000 Euro Rallye Beam
Warn Grill
Warn Winch
Level 8 Strike 6 Matte Black 17" Wheels
Kelly Safari TSR LT285/70 R17 Tires

The interior is next with the installation of the truck vault locking drawer and pull out table combination with adjustable shelf dividers to accomodate each unique hunting/ranching/construction/vacation adventure!

Last edited:

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Muy bettero! I think you should lose the running boards though. Doesn't fit with the theme of the truck anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78