Starting to see more dual sport bikes in action

mkitchen

Explorer
In other words, not just dual sport bikes commuting across town, but folks actually travelling. Saw a fellow on a KLR this morning and the bike was decked out for travel and also saw a BMW 650 fully loaded. Since Kingman is kind of on the way to the south rim of the Grand Canyon, we get a lot of bikes through here. Its not unusual to see over a 100 bikes on a busy weekend but usually they are very fancy, fully decked out Harleys, Hondas, or something in between. But since we got our dual sport bikes and have become more aware of them, we are now seeing at least a few of them every day.
A KLR with gear has a bit of a homeless look to it compared to the fancy road bikes but if you think about it, those folks are homeless. At least they are for the duration of their trip. Their home is on the bike with them and I can't wait to join in.
Mikey

mkitchen

Explorer
I think your awareness has been elevated. This site has been around awhile… http://www.advrider.com

I think you are absolutely right. I am aware of advrider and enjoy reading the posts (even posted one on a short trip I did last weekend). I also read KLR.net and DRrider, as these have done a lot to educate me on how Mo's DR and my KLR function. I also got to thinking that with the EXPO this weekend, I might be seeing more bikes as they come through Kingman on their way to Flagstaff. I am certainly looking forward to getting up there myself this year. I am pretty well set up for back country travel on my 4X4s but I have a lot to learn about doing these trips on two wheels.
Mikey

ihatemybike

Explorer
A KLR with gear has a bit of a homeless look to it compared to the fancy road bikes but if you think about it, those folks are homeless. At least they are for the duration of their trip. Their home is on the bike with them and I can't wait to join in.
lol

I was asked if I was homeless on my ride to Tennessee last week while I was entering my fuel log on my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12