Stewart and Stevenson 1997 M-1078. 4x4 diesel Clear AZ title. Phoenix Price Cut

java

Expedition Leader
Now that would be a road trip. Phoenix to Seattle via the shortest distance and no interstate. A weeks worth of food, camping gear and a bunch of 50 gallon fuel drums and off you head.

We took it down to the PHX meet and greet session last week. But I forgot to turn the air onto the cab air bag. Now I know what the guy from Dirt Every Day was complaining about. Creaks and groans from the socket where the cab settles onto the frame and a rough ride. But on the way home it was way better.

So when do I need to pick you up from the airport?? :)

As soon as I can figure our how to pull $16,750 out of my ***! Ive been trying for awhile now with no luck....

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
As soon as I can figure our how to pull $16,750 out of my ***! Ive been trying for awhile now with no luck....

Its the hair I pull out while trying to find it that cause the most tears :Wow1:

Anyway price drop to see if we can get anyone to take it off our hands. He has some medical bills he would like to pay.

Amphibeast

Adventurer
Too funny….. I was just researching LMTVs and came across this one! Figures it is someone I know! LOL….. I am considering doing one for RV/EXPO Rig……. Thinking about some mining claim/property in boonieville... this would make a great house! What is the tow capacity on this thing? If I can get my 10K lbs Amphibeast on a flat behind it that would be a double whammy! I'll zap ya a PM on this one too!

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Want to make a reasonably priced camper to go on the back.

There is a 13' x 8' x 5' box for sale here in Phoenix. Ideal to throw on this truck and kit it out to suit. And I have a spare poptop off a Chinook laying around the yard to get the headroom. I think you could easily get this built and very comfortable for under $25K.

Box for sale

00y0y_hY9IHZfYbSe_600x450.jpg

$800 sleeper sofa
$1000 garage cabinets from Lowes
$300 Unistrut as a mounting system for everything.
$300 water tanks and pump.
$600 Solar system (already has 4 big batteries)
$1200 split system AC (inverter type) with 2 inside units. 1 for the cab and the other for the box.
$300 24V 3000W inverter to run the AC while cruising down the road if needed.
$1000 material to line and insulate everything.
$1000 windows and door.

That gets the major stuff out of the way and there is plenty of $ left for all the rest I have forgotten.

Best part is that the box would be just above cab height.

$800 fridge.

Amphibeast

Adventurer
I am very jealous Alex! This is an awesome rig... I've been teasing myself here! You will have to be my lab rat and let us know all the pros & cons! I love these rigs!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears