Stock tire location

upcountry

Explorer
What do you think of this idea for frame reinforcement?

I beleive they make it for the 01-04 Tacoma's as well:

http://www.definedengineering.com/products.html

Add some strength to the rear frame of your tacoma with our shackle mount cross-member. Made from dom tube and plate steel ,the cross-member bolts on the the factory shackle bolt holes and connects with 2 easy to drill holes at the x-member thats riveted to the frame.
The shackle buckets have unwanted flexing that occurs with even mild offroad abuse and can cause the buckets to bend outward or even bend the frame in rare instances. The shackle mount cross-member plays an integral part in keeping the rear shackles at the proper geometry for consistent performance . Along with triangulating the rear section of frame together ,it also extends the longevity of stock frame components.

Plate reinforcement. OBTW, I first did Moab without a swingout and the tire mounted below the bed. Don't let the spare tire delay your trip...

2scars

Adventurer
Freddyburg huh?

Tango, I am down in Richmond. Where do you wheel? I was just reading your SAS/SAC on your build post and saw that you had that done at Iron Pig in F'Burg. I would love to get the chance to take a look and have a beer or something.

And, no this absolutely won't keep me from going to Moab, I will just build it with the ability to change it later.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
What do you think of this idea for frame reinforcement?

I beleive they make it for the 01-04 Tacoma's as well:

http://www.definedengineering.com/products.html

Add some strength to the rear frame of your tacoma with our shackle mount cross-member. Made from dom tube and plate steel ,the cross-member bolts on the the factory shackle bolt holes and connects with 2 easy to drill holes at the x-member thats riveted to the frame.
The shackle buckets have unwanted flexing that occurs with even mild offroad abuse and can cause the buckets to bend outward or even bend the frame in rare instances. The shackle mount cross-member plays an integral part in keeping the rear shackles at the proper geometry for consistent performance . Along with triangulating the rear section of frame together ,it also extends the longevity of stock frame components.

I didn't know that was an issue but it looks like it would provide support to those buckets. They have some nice looking products at that site.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Have you already dumped those to some lucky gent? Of course I mean your thirds.

If you mean me, yeah, they went pretty quick and that was just the gears. I had converted to 5.29s since I was rolling the big rubber with the 3RZ and AT.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Tango, I am down in Richmond. Where do you wheel? I was just reading your SAS/SAC on your build post and saw that you had that done at Iron Pig in F'Burg. I would love to get the chance to take a look and have a beer or something.

And, no this absolutely won't keep me from going to Moab, I will just build it with the ability to change it later.

Well, I'll be at IPOR all day today working on the truck. I kind of go all over. Locally it's usually Rausch Creek or Gore. But I prefer long distances, the desert, and the mountains. Last year it was VA, NC, TN, MT, WY, AZ, VT, and Canada.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior