Stolen Adventure Trailer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldcj5guy

Adventurer
I think the best bet would be to offer a keg to the guy on pirate that finds it.
Pirate is scary when they get motivated. Better yet, just tell them Charlie Wenzel took the trailer. It would be found by a lynch mob in minutes and the driver of the rig towing it would be hung with a winch cable from an RTI ramp on the side of the road.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Superu said:
While well intentioned, the ExPo member who finds it and decides to tow it away may find themselves being picked up as the thief! Or worse yet, encountering the person who took it in an unfriendly circumstance.

Desperate men do desperate things. :REOutShootinghunter

And in the big picture, we are talking about a replaceable commodity, albeit a valuable one that is certainly not worth potential loss of life or serious injury. Think of how Martyn would likely feel if a fellow ExPo was hurt or killed trying to recover this trailer on their own. :( Or if the person trying to recover it injured the man's innocent children.

If you see it, call the cops and stick close by 'til they arrive. :26_7_2:

Very true, but then again, I for one think this kind of rationale goes without saying...common sense.

Disablement of the trailer would be better....a la flat tires.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
Photog said:
Per the first post. The vehicle is a black 2008 4 door Wrangler Unlimited.

We are not looking for a black Cherokee.

:bowdown: I stand erected. I was thrown by the "4 door" part I haven't gotten used to the Wrangler 4 door yet.:bowdown:

burl40

Supporting Sponsor
Black stock 4 door JK three kids and a wife....Olive grey chaser W/tent serengeti.
we are working on the police report now...

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
burl40 said:
Black stock 4 door JK three kids and a wife....Olive grey chaser W/tent serengeti.
we are working on the police report now...

Man Scotty, your dog like senses nailed that guy from the beginning. At least you have his hitch carrier as collateral:sombrero:

Last edited:

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Hopefully, we'll have some other local LE looking for it, even if it's "unofficial" until a report is finally filed.

The local EMS helo in the area also has the beta...they sometimes need additional "fun" stuff to fly around and do.... :rolleyes:

-H-

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
With the amount of coverage this is getting, I sure hope the guy gets caught real soon! Mario may be towing two Chasers before long...

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Local Wasatch Cruiser Club member (Dave Lee) just called, he spotted a very similar vehicle & trailer coming out of Provo Canyon and heading south on I-15 within the hour. He is not 100% sure it was the same rig, only caught it in passing but it was a newer black Jeep towing an offroad trailer with tent. All the Utah County (Provo area) folks are on the look-out for it!!

shahram

Adventurer
Someone may have already thought of this, but if the guy were entering Mexico, especially Baja California, there are very few routes he could take without at least being seen by someone in the Vehicle Expedition community.

There are numerous community websites for gringos and expats living in Mexico. You may want to put out the word on those.

Just my opinion, best of luck getting your property back.

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
Mario

if its recovered on the east coast, maybe i can rent it for a few days before it goes back to you.. :bike_rider:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Thank you for all the help and information.

We obviously want to get the trailer back, but please be very careful. This guy is under investigation for arson, so he's not the most stable of people.

If you see the trailer please call the Police or Sheriff, or just tell us where and when you saw the trailer.

I wouldn't talk to the guy or confront him. Right now we have thousands and thousands of eyes and ears watching and listening and we'll track him down. It's hard to hide when the internet is looking for you.

vengeful

Explorer
Jeez! This royally sucks!!!

Keeping my eyes open on the East Coast for ya. I'll spread the word to all the area Jeep Dealerships, too. After all, he's going to need to change his oil or bring it in for the hard-top fix sometime! :sombrero:

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
oldcj5guy said:
I think the best bet would be to offer a keg to the guy on pirate that finds it.
Pirate is scary when they get motivated. Better yet, just tell them Charlie Wenzel took the trailer. It would be found by a lynch mob in minutes and the driver of the rig towing it would be hung with a winch cable from an RTI ramp on the side of the road.

Wenzel.... AH memories. No thread has taken more time out of my life. It was entertaining though.

valerieO

Observer
We just drove from Detroit to Cincinnati and didn't see him but I'll do my best to cover this part of Ohio.

Hope you get it back real soon. Since my husband is out of work at the moment , we would be happy to return it to you also if found out here. :arabia:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
valerieO said:
We just drove from Detroit to Cincinnati and didn't see him but I'll do my best to cover this part of Ohio.

Hope you get it back real soon. Since my husband is out of work at the moment , we would be happy to return it to you also if found out here. :arabia:

Valerie

We'd take you up on the offer for sure.

Heck we'd even put you both to work when you arrived. :sombrero:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger