Storage bed box

Westy

Adventurer
I came across this storage box, some photos and links were posted to an Austrailian 4x4 event/ Winch '06.

I thought someone here may know something about these boxes or where I can purchase one -

100_0284.jpg

Is it an ARB product? I see the sticker but unsure if that was just stuck there or not.

Thanks,
Brian

Westy

Adventurer
It does look similiar to the Wolf box @ Slee however taking a closer look I dont believe they are the same. The box I posted looks completely sealed, and much thicker, with different latches.

Please correct me if I am wrong, as it would be great if that is them.

erin

Explorer
I would say the boxes are different. The one you pictured has different latches and ribbing, and looks to be quite larger and deeper. The Slee box fits 3 across on a roof rack, so they are definetely smaller.
If you do figure out what they are and availability, post up, I would be interested also.

Westy

Adventurer
ARB product

Response -

"Yep they are ARB (space case) products and I belive they are water/weather and bulldust proof think they come in blue too Designed to bolt on to trays. I live 5 miles from their factory"

Now to see if ARB USA has them, I didnt see them on their site? Maybe Scott has some input

-Brian

oldcj5guy

Adventurer
Sportsman's warehouse has just started carrying something that looks just like these. They have several sizes up to the 2 body size. The seals are very heavy duty and the whole thing is pretty ridgid.

OutbacKamper

Supporting Sponsor
Space Cases are made in Australia and sold in most 4x4 and marine stores. They are rather pricey, plus you would have to ship from Aus and probably pay duty and taxes. Here is a llink showing sizes and prices (AUD)
http://www.marinedirect.com.au/catalogue/category1586/category1740/product91145

Cheers
Mark

ps: IMHO the quality is not as good as Pelican Cases and the price would be higher once imported - probably why they are not generally available here.
M

Last edited:

offroadchef

Adventurer
I use old military storage boxes. My largest one used to hold a printer in it and with all the foam removed it seemd to work pretty well for us. Currently holding all the equipment for my wife and I. I bought it on ebay for $20. It had 2 handles and each side has 3 latches. It has a rubber seal between the 2 sections. if you want to see any pics, please say so.

Markus

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Westy said:
Response -

"Yep they are ARB (space case) products and I belive they are water/weather and bulldust proof think they come in blue too Designed to bolt on to trays. I live 5 miles from their factory"

Now to see if ARB USA has them...

As of the last time I check... they were still not bringing them here. Too bulky to bring over hear on top of the already high price. Similar to the ARB Canopies, ARB roof top tents, tradesman racks, etc.

I picked up a bunch of similar cases from a fed. auction (a local cruiserhead bought a couple pallets :cool:) and I've also seen them sell at military surplus joints.

cruiseroutfit

Here are some of the ones the local guy picked up... came out to ~$20 per case... I bought 6 or so at that price :cool: Needless to say they sold quick

Westy

Adventurer
I contacted ARB, not available in US as mentioned before.

Cruiseroutfit - are those military cases you posted a pic of?? I will look into them. Thanks.

cruiseroutfit

Westy said:
I contacted ARB, not available in US as mentioned before.

Cruiseroutfit - are those military cases you posted a pic of?? I will look into them. Thanks.

Yes. Watch some of the online military surplus acutions... they sell just about everything. Like I mentioned I've seen these cases at several Utah military surplus joints but they get a premium for them as they do make ideal storage on the trail and at home alike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears