Storage ideas for milk crates

greenhorn

Adventurer
I found a couple of milk crates on the side of the road and I know they are great for organization and storing stuff. So lets see some ideas (as my wife thinks I'm crazy for picking up "trash" off the side of the road)!

Cabrito

I come in Peace
I used to screw them right into the wall in the garage and use them as cube type shelves. The real wide ones are also good for rack-mounted audio gear.

4x4v8

Observer
greenhorn said:
I found a couple of milk crates on the side of the road and I know they are great for organization and storing stuff. So lets see some ideas (as my wife thinks I'm crazy for picking up "trash" off the side of the road)!

I know this is an old thread, but I put my hitch, pins, straps and ... in it.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I've used one up on the roof basket as a holder for bags of trash or to keep cans of white gas firmly in place.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
i use two smaller 12"x12" nice ones from west marine, to store stuff/food/etc. in the back of my jeep.

vengeful

Explorer
I like having one up in the roof rack for small, "gross" objects that one doesn't want in the truck (e.g. puppy bags). I keep a couple in the truck to keep the recovery gear readily accessible, yet still secured, and one for canned goods and other small, hard objects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan