Storage platform tie downs

opie

Explorer
Curious what and where folks are getting tie downs? I would like to have something recessed when not in use but can not seem to find what I am looking for.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Are you talking about tracks? I used L-track (Air Line track) for mine. I bought it from uscargocontrol.com they were a good price and great quality. There are others types out there but I liked how easy it is to adjust these and you can put a tie down like every 2in or so. They also have rings, studs, and other accessories that pop into the track of you wanted. Check around for prices before you buy too.

opie

Explorer
No, not tracks. Id like to have the surface completely smooth when I don't need to tie anything down. I've found large recessed tiedowns that hold 6000 pounds or so, just need something smaller and the proper search term is escaping me.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Intuit

Observer
I used "single" E-Tracks, recessed them below the top. Like you, I did not want my tie down points to extend beyond the top of the drawer. Simply snap the "anchors" in when desired.

IMAG0554.jpg

Dennx

Adventurer
Soon I'll be installing these on top of my cargo box.

http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Ratch...ystems/Anchor-Point-Tie-Down-Kit-w-Round-Base
23573-anchor-point-tie-down-kit-w-round-base_1_640.jpg

Dennx, those are a very short version of the L-Track. I've had mine for awhile and am perfectly happy with them. If you had enough material under it you could recess them so they fit flush. If its light duty maybe the Flush Cup sling mounts might work for the op. They are getting pretty common in the firearms industry and are quite strong.

eda3ymu5.jpg

These are flush cups by the way. Drill & tap then glue in the insert then snap in the "Sling swivel" or any 1" strap that you can secure. Look under Military swivels at grovtec.com if your interested.

opie

Explorer
Opie, what are these going onto?

3/4" birch plywood.

I like the E track idea. I may do that. These will just hold down things like a cooler, rubber maid tubs, dog crate etc. The sleeping platform will be for the kids and I don't want anything sticking above the plywood while they are nested in the rig.

92path_68CJ

Crawl-O-Matic
There's some good storage options here, I like what you guys have in mind, I might use this on my CJ. :sombrero:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan