Storage Solutions

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Umm I love it. Just waiting on the inserts that will allow me to screw items to them so that I can mount a few other things. I'd love to come up with a shelf idea for behind the seats of my regular cab as well.

CFMGarage

Not to send you down a new rabbit hole or anything, but behind the seats of the single cab HD Rams makes me want to mount some metal Packout mounts and run several of the big red containers depending on what configuration worked well with the size.

There might be a market for some of these molle panels having Packout cleat mounting instead where you can fit larger items.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Not to send you down a new rabbit hole or anything, but behind the seats of the single cab HD Rams makes me want to mount some metal Packout mounts and run several of the big red containers depending on what configuration worked well with the size.

There might be a market for some of these molle panels having Packout cleat mounting instead where you can fit larger items.

The Milwaukee ones? That's a great idea. The other thing I saw on a chassis cab build here was the use of a panel van shelf behind the seat for shelves.

CFMGarage

The Milwaukee ones?

I had several of the cordless tools and started to look at the Packout for more tool organization in the house and shed first. I don't have a garage so most of my tools are packed to be moved to where I need them and it just works for that.

I have the Packout brand mounts in the Shed, but with the metal cleat mounts I will definitely be adding these to my bed slide soon so I can easily click in whichever boxes I need.

The rabbit hole is that you can find places to buy the cleats and locking mechanism and mount them to whatever you want. You just need enough flat area to mount the cleats to the bottom.

We never take the same vehicle on trips, so I like organized portability with thoughtless mounting. No straps, just click it in and nothing is loose or moving. If you pack the box right, it won't rattle either. My wife even likes them.

GBGCR4x4

I'd love something like the front runner drawer kit, but at the moment I run a custom cargo slide, where I sometimes have a Guana Equipment Fridge. I also have two Wolf Packs next to the slide, and my favorite, the Zarges Aluminum Box!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle