Stratos Suspension Seats for FG8

Hello Folks,

I am considering the Stratos suspension seats, but am unsure about head room in the cab. I only have about 30mm to play with. Is there any way I might be able to see an FG8 or FE8 canter with the stratos seats in? It seems that plenty of people sell the seats but nobody has any installed examples...

John.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
You are aware that the driver's seat in the current range of Canters is already a suspension seat, aren't you?

I cannot help you with your request, but I would strongly suggest that you think very carefully before shelling out for any Stratos suspension seats.
My personal opinion, owning these myself, is that that are poorly built and not worth the money.
Unfortunately, if you want after market suspension seats for a Canter, these are pretty much your only legal option, but that does not make them good.

mininut2

You might want to give "All Terrain Warriors" a call. When the Brisbane caravan show was on, we were talking to one of their employees who said that they were trying to get a European suspension seat ADR approved. He was telling us that it should have been approved within a month. Don't know if this has happened
Rick

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
You might want to give "All Terrain Warriors" a call. When the Brisbane caravan show was on, we were talking to one of their employees who said that they were trying to get a European suspension seat ADR approved. He was telling us that it should have been approved within a month. Don't know if this has happened
Rick

Sorry....unfortunately the seat manufacturer was unable to come through for us.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
What don't you like about the Stratos seats?
I probably should not really air my dirty laundry here, but as I said, the build quality is quite pathetic in my opinion, given the price charged for these seats.
If you put a Recaro next to a Stratos the difference is quite obvious. I call the Stratos seats my "Kmart seats", 'cause that is how I rank them in quality.

I have not been in a FGB71, so I do not know what the distance from the seat swab to the roof is. If you can measure this, I can do the same in my FG84D and compare the difference, if in fact there is any.

I have not been in a FGB71, so I do not know what the distance from the seat swab to the roof is. If you can measure this, I can do the same in my FG84D and compare the difference, if in fact there is any.

That would be amazing if you could do that! Mine is 1020mm from where your *** goes to the roof lining. I hear what your are saying about the quality vs price.

As a side note, I did see one of the new series Canters in a 2WD without a tray on recently. It had "Made in Mexico" painted on the rear springs!!! Needless to say that between the Mexican springs and the Fiat derived engine I am definitely not considering "upgrading" my Canter...

kerry

Expedition Leader
I got my Stratos cheap since someone else had imported it into the US but never installed it. It's much better than the OE seat in my 99FG but I couldn't get it to the right amount of adjustment to get it to suspend without bottoming out on bumps. I ended up buying 2 Walmart kid's foam footballs and jamming them under the frame to stop the bottoming out. So I guess mine are Walmart seats.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I ended up buying 2 Walmart kid's foam footballs and jamming them under the frame to stop the bottoming out.
I guess that you could also call your setup "air seats", given that you seem to have an improvised air bag setup now. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior