DSCN0545.jpg

DSCN0550.jpg

DSCN0547.jpg

DSCN0551.jpg

Funrover

Expedition Leader
When you friend slips off the line
IMG_8403.jpg

It had low range, did the entire trail... just had trouble on this section of the return
IMG_8232.jpg

IMG_8230.jpg

IMG_8229.jpg

IMG_8231.jpg

Funrover

Expedition Leader
These pics don't do justice.... The short story is this. My friends were out doing some late night snow wheeling and broke. The Disco first pretzeled the front driveshaft.. leaving it as 2wd. Then they could get the Range Rover around it (narrow trail) so I get a call about 1:30 in the morn.. we're off.. just have to find them.. hours later .. I mean hours.. later.. we get there with the help of one of then hiking the 8 or so miles out in the middle of the night in snow (ahhh warm weather..NOT) we get down there move the disco to get the rangie by.. gets us a little further and slides off the trail.. yikes. it's stuck.. back to the disco, he is slowly making it and boom.. the rear diff grenades.. now it has no-wheel drive. so we pack into my rover and my buddies toyota and simply get out for the day (it had been a long one.. believe me) A couple days later we go back, there had been a big warm front and much of the snow has melted or become far less icy. step 1.. start repairs. we brought needed parts to fix the Disco
Step2. Get rage of side of hill/trail while repairs go on.
Step 3 drive out (many hours later)

Overall this was a 2 day rescue and many lessons were learned.. the hard way.
most pics are from day 2

IMG_7779.jpg

IMG_7782.jpg

IMG_7790.jpg

IMG_7808.jpg

IMG_7818.jpg

Packing my rig for day 2
IMG_7796.jpg

toyota_jon

Adventurer
that is a great basin DS as i'm sure you can tell. but if you look at the rock it's laying on. its real coarse granite. well heavy right foot + snow and spinning tires + sudden traction = somethings gotta give.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle