STUCK pictures

Chris85xlt

Adventurer
My old bronco stuck in quick sand (super duper ultra fine sand mixed with water).
Earlier that day i saw a guy walk in and was stuck for an hour when they finally tied a rope around his waist and pulled him out. during the process he lost his shoes and pants.

My 85 Bronco on 35" SuperSwamper Boggers, rear locker, front limited slip.
I even stalled out my Warn 9000lb winch when using with a pully.
I finally got it out after some careful quick digging (the mud would slowly flowed back in) and dugging with 3 trucks.

img_2989.jpg

7wt

Expedition Leader
Nothing serious, found some mud under a thin layer of ice and snow. Seems to happen every year.

762005298_NwoPU-M.jpg

boellis87

Observer
I've got a buddy that just can't let some things go...you know the kind. He had been beaten by this mudhole once before and couldn't resist. We were heading home and weren't too far from the trailhead when he headed in. Made it about half way when he killed his Jeep and blew his starter. So he tried his winch...no luck...wouldn't run. I head in after him with a chain that's too short so I'm in the mud too. Dug down like you can see in the pic and high centered the rear diff. Front tires are in ~8 to 10 inch holes trying to climb out with a Jeep attached. Another truck hooks to me and we both give it a go. Well, I can't hear how hard I'm running over his loud truck, so I blow a CV shaft (an aftermarket Rough Country unit at that). Buried 35" tires with a V8:oops:...go figure. Before I get out, I break off a valve stem on a rear tire and have a flat. Long story short, my Chevy doesn't let me down; I drive the 40 miles home with three 35" tires, one 29" spare, and a broken slip-style front axle that manages not to fly out of the upper joint cup and wreck me. The Jeep was trailered home. Sorry for the limited pics, this is the only one I could find on my computer.

mestuck.jpg

Bogo

Adventurer
Last winter I high centered my pickup on flat ground. Both front wheels broke through the frozen turf into the soft mud below the surface. Used a hi-lift jack, some short 2x6 boards, and some fence posts to get myself out. Could have just pulled it out with another pickup, but that would have required a couple mile walk.

Nothing serious, found some mud under a thin layer of ice and snow. Seems to happen every year.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Here's my worst stuck. This sucked but I got out with seemingly no permanent damage. I naively had my snatch strap hooked up and ready on the FRONT of the truck, thinking I'd probably make it much further than I did. Had to scramble to get it hooked up on the back while the truck was filling up with water. I'd been through this trail, and this hole the year before without too much trouble, it was deep water but had a hard granite bottom. But since then, somebody had cut a bypass around it. However, the bypass was made for ATV's and swb Jeeps, and I couldn't fit. So, I attempted the water hole again. What I didn't know was that since the water hole wasn't being used anymore, it had started to fill up with silt.

sIMG_3469.jpg

sIMG_3470.jpg

Last edited:

Rosco862003

Adventurer
stuck-1.jpg

A friend getting stuck in one of the most unfortunate situations, no strap, hi lift, or winch is going to get him out of this one...sorry bud

Rosco862003

Adventurer
1018061340.jpg

1018061340a.jpg
...Appears that 33's are not big enough

stuck2.jpg

The ugliest truck you will ever see, but one of the funnest
stuck3.jpg
stuck.jpg
My lovely girlfriend..what a trooper
0525071047.jpg

Knowing when to say no is oftentimes the most valuable recovery tool one can own.

biglos454

Adventurer
and just so yall know, i made him go get that big red bottle before i pulled him out completely lol. i told him tread lightly or stay stuck out here
P9091747.jpg

l_8fc12f36fc82aa2a3587c18b61e64ace.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger