Stumptaco's has gone over to the darkside..XJ style.

Ryanc

SE Expedition Society
Nice shop, looks very clean and extremely organized. My father just got CNC in his shop, productivity skyrocketed obviously. What do you do for a living?

geocrzy

Existing under the radar
James, this build is insane! What a talent you possess! I bet you can't leave anything alone as far as adding your own personal touches. Im new to expidition portal and stumbled across this build! I am truly inspired to tear into my xj. Thanks for all the great ideas and all of pictures. Im sure you have many hours invested in this thread! Thanks again and happy jeeping!

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
An evening with stumpy..!

dang stumpy...
I just spent my entire evening reading through the entire post! And I don't even own an XJ anymore, lol! Great work! When I started reading the thread I got excited since I'm stationed in Germany (Grafenwoehr) and headed to Ramstein for two weeks for school. But I realize now how long this thread has been going and see your now in my home state! I'm from Marrietta. Small world huh? :)

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
James, this build is insane! What a talent you possess! I bet you can't leave anything alone as far as adding your own personal touches. Im new to expidition portal and stumbled across this build! I am truly inspired to tear into my xj. Thanks for all the great ideas and all of pictures. Im sure you have many hours invested in this thread! Thanks again and happy jeeping!

Thanks! I need to update it, I have finally added a few long awaited items now that I have the lift in my garage. Still got a long ways to go on her....

dang stumpy...
I just spent my entire evening reading through the entire post! And I don't even own an XJ anymore, lol! Great work! When I started reading the thread I got excited since I'm stationed in Germany (Grafenwoehr) and headed to Ramstein for two weeks for school. But I realize now how long this thread has been going and see your now in my home state! I'm from Marrietta. Small world huh? :)

Enjoy Germany man, we miss it everyday! There are some kinda cool wheeling spots down there... just a short drive in any direction. Thanks for the compliments, when/if you get back to Marietta, look me up!

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Reasons why Stumpy builds quality:

022-2.jpg

008-1.jpg

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
FINALLY got some new shoes ordered for the Teal **********. Ordered a set of Cooper STT's in a 35x12.5 size. I LOVED the STT's on my Yota... and I cant wait to get rid of these crappola Interco TruXus 33's. Worst tire I have ever owned.

Pick them up from a friends shop in a couple weeks when I go to Charleston. Woohoo!!

Picture borrowed form the interwebs..

0701_4wd_01_z+cooper_discoverer_stt+side_view.jpg

Pic from my old Yota.

SS100280.jpg

~ Stump

Last edited:

Ryanc

SE Expedition Society
FINALLY got some new shoes ordered for the Teal **********. Ordered a set of Cooper STT's in a 35x12.5 size. I LOVED the STT's on my Yota... and I cant wait to get rid of these crappola Interco TruXus 33's. Worst tire I have ever owned.

Pick them up from a friends shop in a couple weeks when I go to Charleston. Woohoo!!

Picture borrowed form the interwebs..

0701_4wd_01_z+cooper_discoverer_stt+side_view.jpg

Pic from my old Yota.

SS100280.jpg

~ Stump

Thats a sharp looking Tacoma. Why did you get rid of it? Im assuming by the tag, import issues?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
You'll have to regear the Teal ***** already. You're gunna be glacier-slow...
Did you get the other 4.56 yet?

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
You'll have to regear the Teal ***** already. You're gunna be glacier-slow...
Did you get the other 4.56 yet?

Where you been man.. both new axles have been in for a couple months now. 4.56's should be perfect with the 35's and the torque of the 4.0L. Right now they are a little low for the 33's.

Ryan, if you look at the first few posts of this thread, it explains why. It was a US spec yota, so no issues of bringing it back to the states. The short of it is they had a frame rust issue, and Toyota paid me quite handsomely to buy it back. I like the Jeep, but miss the Taco everyday.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Where you been man.. both new axles have been in for a couple months now. 4.56's should be perfect with the 35's and the torque of the 4.0L. Right now they are a little low for the 33's.
You didn't go to the NC Overland Rally and didn't mention it at the Tilted Kilt ----- you've been in hibernation otherwise.... ....I've been camping twice since then.... :sombrero:

Hurray on the 4.56s though. I could really use some 35s for my 4.56s...

BEVAN

Adventurer

~ Stump

Yeah, I have the 34/12.50/16" TruXus on my XJ... Impossible to balance, Pretty good in the Gooey stuff that I try to avoid But...Good trail rig tire tho:ylsmoke: Cant wait to get the Hankook MT's !

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Yeah, they do ok on the trail, but I swear the Coopers were better. Its getting to the trail that sucks!

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
Did you ever try Maxxis Bighorn MTs? I'm thoroughly satisfied with mine. They're a little noisy on the highway but I can live with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger