Stupid Hub Question

LilKJ

Adventurer
I need to replace the hubs on my trailer to match the bolt pattern of the Jeep. It's a 3500# axle with no brakes. Will any 3500# hub work or is there anything specific I need to look for? Any recommendations?

ExpoMike

No always. You need to look at your spindles and figure out what the inner and outer bearing race (on the spindle side) size is and from you old hub, what the width of the bearing area is. Then you need to find hubs to match.

If you can find a brand name of the hubs or axles, typically if you buy a replacement from the same brand, odds are they will fit.

If you have a local trailer shop, take the hubs in and see if they can match them up.

rk_az

Adventurer
Too bad you don't have brakes, I have a pair of Jeep pattern brake drums for a 3500# axle that I don't need.

njtaco

Explorer
I think you can use the drums as hubs without the rest of the brake parts...

Pay close attention to the wheel center diameter on the Jeep rims, they will likely not fit over the dust caps on the 3500lb hubs without spacers.

ExpoMike

Too bad you don't have brakes, I have a pair of Jeep pattern brake drums for a 3500# axle that I don't need.

What's ya want for them shipped to 92126? Been looking for a cheap pair to do some mockup before I order a new axle and brake setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears