Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

WMDunkin

Adventurer
How rough is that trail? I would love to test the WRX but I know any kind of "rock crawling" it would be done.

BBerry4430

Way too rocky for a WRX, unfortunately. I wouldn't do it with anything less than 8.5" clearance, or at least a lot of protection. I was reading reviews of the trail AFTER I got home and read more than a few people claim stock XJ Cherokees might have a hard time (they wouldn't).

DJGoo

Too much WoW
I used to have a STUPID-fast '97 Impreza but now I haaaave:
IMG345.jpg
LOVE THE OUTBACK
I can't fit any bigger tires on it without a lift :( but 205/70R15 isn't bad

Attachments

• IMG356.jpg
    IMG356.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 176

WMDunkin

Adventurer
Took the Subaru on some real trails and tested out the new set up. Did amazingly well, not to many pictures but you can see what we where running in. I had my co-working lead the way in his jeep. I went everywhere he went minus the mud bog at the end of the trail.

946523_682604585100052_1112264736_n.jpg

1016500_682604008433443_2084039209_n.jpg

haddix

Adventurer
I'm a huge fan of 4wd Toyota's and currently own an fj cruiser but I have always wanted a WRX. I love the styling especially the hatchback. If I ever have to switch to a car the WRX will be high on the list.

WMDunkin

Adventurer
I'm a huge fan of 4wd Toyota's and currently own an fj cruiser but I have always wanted a WRX. I love the styling especially the hatchback. If I ever have to switch to a car the WRX will be high on the list.

Yeah, I think with an Auto it would be "easier" because you can drive "slower" but I had no real issues with traction, just rubbed a little bit on some tracked sections that were too wide to drive down the middle. And on one "deep" mud puddle that I went through to fast. But highly impressed with the capability.

zebratruck

I know this isn't very off-road but, it's all I have for now. Only has 800 miles on it. Just installed a hitch last night so I have a good recovery point in the rear, yakima towers and cross bars up top. The Loadwarrior basket is coming next. Little bit more protection on the inside too as it's my DD and i take it to knife shows. I found skid plates and a little more aggressive tires, they're on my to-do list.

2013 Crosstrek.

JacksonRally

Adventurer
^^^^^
Loving the XVs.

We should have our first run of skid plates in next week. They cover radiator to transmission (2pcs) and also rear diff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger