Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

Probably a little unconventional but here is my temporary setup. I sold my last full size rig and don't have the new one done yet so, I got the new ARB Kakadu RTT and threw it on my 08' STI for the summer! It also has a an ARB 1250 awning. I've had a 25 quart fridge/ freezer in the trunk and the 40"' SR Rigid since just after I bought the car..
5a5e9uge.jpg
a3eryhy4.jpg

WMDunkin

Adventurer
Probably a little unconventional but here is my temporary setup. I sold my last full size rig and don't have the new one done yet so, I got the new ARB Kakadu RTT and threw it on my 08' STI for the summer! It also has a an ARB 1250 awning. I've had a 25 quart fridge/ freezer in the trunk and the 40"' SR Rigid since just after I bought the car..

looks awesome! what fridge/freezer do you have? Is it powered through the car?

looks awesome! what fridge/freezer do you have? Is it powered through the car?

It's a Dometic cf-25. It runs of of the car battery which I switch to diehard platinum AGM for a little more capacity. It will run for about 48 hours without the Engine recharging the battery before it trips the low voltage shutoff so the car will still start. But the car gets driven everyday so no problem.

WMDunkin

Adventurer
It's a Dometic cf-25. It runs of of the car battery which I switch to diehard platinum AGM for a little more capacity. It will run for about 48 hours without the Engine recharging the battery before it trips the low voltage shutoff so the car will still start. But the car gets driven everyday so no problem.

awesome, thanks I will have to look into that.

TheJonner

Here is my work in progress. So far most of the work has been for comfort and reliability. Next for me is to raise it with King Springs to raise her up a little bit, then configure the roof rack to carry the spare and my water jugs. I have already fabbed a mount for the HiLift for the roof rack. My intent is to take her on the WABDR this year, if not all of it at least a portion.
IMG_5196.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

Last edited:

TheJonner

The WABDR is the WA Backcountry Discovery Route. It is an established route from Oregon to Canada using backroads, fire roads and Forest Service roads. It offers some stunning views of the Cascades. Most of the Western states have a Backcountry Discovery Route, most people do them in adventure bikes and expedition rigs.

Link to the WABDR http://www.backcountrydiscoveryroutes.com/WABDR

I noticed you are in Utah, there is one in your state as well. http://www.backcountrydiscoveryroutes.com/UTBDR

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel
So, unlike my other one, this one isn't really an -expedition- vehicle, but it has gone up the Pikes Peak highway, when it was gravel, fast enough to win. We've recently made some upgrades and will be back at the Peak next week to do it again.

10333318_10154222496885113_1284310927123492641_o-M.jpg

Rosco862003

Adventurer
So, unlike my other one, this one isn't really an -expedition- vehicle, but it has gone up the Pikes Peak highway, when it was gravel, fast enough to win. We've recently made some upgrades and will be back at the Peak next week to do it again.

10333318_10154222496885113_1284310927123492641_o-M.jpg

I thought I saw somewhere, (of course I can't find it) that this car, or one very similar had flames shooting out of the engine compartment. Did that all get taken car of?

coppertop_01

Crazy Ginger
IMG_1892.JPGIMG_1890.JPG

Just for fun I decided to try an RTI ramp at my local Jeep club's show n shine, actually there was two subi's that tried the ramp but the other was a stock '11 Forester that belonged to a local radio station, they did it for fun and actually didn't do that bad.....

Funny thing is that I could have kept going up but my front bumper was going to tear off, I didn't really follow the "rules" for the RTI ramp, I should have disconnected the swaybars and kept all four tires on the ground. Many of my Jeep friends couldn't believe how well it climbed and didn't expect that from my car.

Jer

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears